Chapter Seventeen

Dakota Rushovic
"Mother I am home" says Steve.
I see a woman coming down with a smile and sees her sons and runs to him. She hugs her and looks at me.

"Dakota, you have grown to be a beautiful young lady just like your mother" she says.
"It's great to me you......."
" Grace call me Grace. You must be tired from the ride to here please make yourself at home and enjoy the stay. Dinner will be ready at seven sharp so please be on time "she says.

We both nod and began our journey upstairs. Steve shows me my room and leaves the room. I look around the room and see pictures of my mother. How happy she is and smiling I see Francis also in that picture and see the admiration on his eyes when she sees mother.

I sigh, I remove my clothes and enter to the bathroom and wash up. Few minutes later I take out my clothes and wear them and jump to bed. Sleep takes me over and off I sleep as a feather.

"Wake up Dakota" I hear noises I wake up to see Steve smiling at me.
"Food is ready get up" we both go downstairs and eat our food.

Grace has been nothing but welcome person. She tells me all about my mother and how she used to love me so much till her last breath.

She told me my mother died right here with cancer and she hid me so well from my father so as I can be well raised from the outside world of his. I went back up stairs and stared at my window. Thinking of my Bella and how the world is cruel not wanting her to live in this world at all.

I sigh and went straight to bed. Early morning I wake up and began my morning jog. I sense someone following me but I act as if nothing is going on so I keep on jog to the nearest coffee shop.

I make my order of coffee and seat down so as I can take it as a take away. I text Steve that I am being followed and he tells me his on his way here.

I take my leave and enter to the rest room. The guy follows me and surprise attack him and pin him up.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask.

"Well you have grown quite a big lady don't you think Dakota" he says.

I twist his hand so hard and let him suffer in pain little longer.

"Don't like games so be straightforward with me who are you and what do you want?" I asked.

"Your father sent me. He has a message for you" he says.

"What is it?" I asked

"Your in danger" he says.

I tense up and look at him. He pins me down and stares at me. He smirks and runs off. Soon Steve comes bolting in and looks at the window where the guy just run out.

"What did he want?" asks Steve.

I look at Steve and look back at the window. The words keep repeating in my head over and over again.

"Dakota, what did he tell you?" he screams at me.
I slap his hand and look at him.

"He wants me dead Steve so let's go" I grit my teeth going angry but deep down. I had questions how was I in danger?

I enter to Steve's car and off to the hideout place. I walk inside with my coffee and just run up stairs to my room.

I take a wash fast and seat watching the window with my thoughts million of them. I hear a knock I turn to see Grace smiling at me and sitting down to my bed.

"Your exactly as your mother always the person who thinks hard" she chuckles.
"Yeah runs in the family" I said.
"Listen honey your safe here. We wouldn't hurt you nor do anything. Your father wants you dead. Me and my husband we will protect you from him" she says.

"Mind me asking where is your husband?" I ask.
"He's taking care of some business overseas he will be back soon" she says.
"Can't wait to meet him then" I said.

Grace looks at me one more time and leaves my room. I take the time to think hard and just go with it. I lock my door and sleep with many thoughts in my head.

I wake up and see the same man who attacked me inside my room. He smirks and smiles at me.

"Cute pj's" he said.
I take my hand and wanting to lift my hidden gun.

"Looking for this yeah princess I have it already so please listen to me carefully" he says.
He takes out something in his hand and it's an iPad.

He opens up and I see Francis on the screen. I clench my fist and just look at the man in front of me.

"Hello Dakota" he says.
"Lost that privilege Francis" I said.
He sighs.

"Am not a bad guy here Dakota. Never was never will be can you please listen to me" he pleads.
"What can you say that will possibly make me believe you that abandoned me when I wasn't even born?" I grit my teeth and shut my eyes to control my anger that was surfacing.

"I never abandoned Dakota not once. I did everything to keep you safe and your mother I wouldn't hurt you" he says.
"Not where I come from said you abandoned me and my mother died with cancer" I snort the last comment.

"Would you believe me that I kept you safe all this time?" he said.
I look at him.
"Victor is my eyes and ears since your where there" he says.

I look at him in disbelief and look at the guy. The guy nods and then I look back at the screen.

"I never abandoned you Dakota not once. Yes your mother wanted a normal life and wanted you to have normal life too and have best child hood. She did give you that and I made sure she gave you that normal life but all that changed when she told her sister where she was "he says.

I tense up and look at him again.

" I was on business trip I never knew she brought your sister and her husband to our hideout house you where only six by the time. They killed her on spot and took you away from me. "he says.

I could see him clench his fist and the anger he had. My mind was clouded they took me and killed my mother why don't I have any memories of that.

" You can't remember cause they drugged you with every drug and you loss your memories. Victor was working in the inside so he managed to escape with you. And that's how you stayed in America hidden till you came to England when they saw you." he says.

"So.... So all this time Steve was playing me and lying to me" I said.
"Am sorry honey. Your in danger I can't come to you cause there is high security all I want from you is just have good normal life and return to Bella." he says.

I burst out in tears and look at the guy he keep patting my shoulder. Francis gives order to the man and switches off the iPad.

The guy gives me the iPad and looks at me. I wipe my tears and nod my head.

" We will contact you. "he says.
" I will avenge my mother's death so I go by my orders "I said.
" Don't be stupid your father said he wants you to have a normal childhood and adulthood life "he says.
" Don't care "I said.

He stops my hand, I turn to him.

" Please don't "he says.
"I don't care" I said.
"Dammit Dakota don't" he whispers yells.
"who the hell do you think you are to tell me?" I asked.
"My your fucking brother" he screams. This causes me to be in shock state. I hear footsteps and Steve running to the door wanting to barge in.

"Hit me" I said.
"What?" he asks.
"Fuck hit me" I said.
"I... I can't" he says.
"I will be fine now hit me so we can think you came to kill me then run" I said.
He hits me so hard as we throw everything and smash everything in the room. He runs to the window and off he goes. The door opens revealing Steve, Grace and the man of the hour that I have been waiting for.

He smiles and looks at me.
"Well it seems your father really wants to kill you" he says.
"Yeah I had a fucking family reunion" I spit out blood.
"Well it runs to your family. Welcome to Russia Dakota" he says.
"Glad to be back Uncle" I smirk to him.

I will get my vengeance one way or another. I will fucking kill everyone. But first need to clean up cause the fucking brother of mine left one hell of bruise.

Hello, hope you well guys. Enjoy this chapter till next time. Stay tune and stay safe.