THREE

"THERE'S A FORD NEAR BERUNA," TRUMPKIN STARTS, "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT SWIMMING?" HE ASKS

Y/N eyes widen, she quickly shakes her head, "Rather that than walking." Susan answers, Y/N sighs and turns to Edmund, who shrugs.

The children turn around to follow the dwarf, only for Lucy to turn back around, "Aslan!" she exclaims, Y/N quickly looks up to see a shadow, "It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there!" she points to the other side.

Lucy turns to her siblings, "Don't you see? He's right," she turns back around to see him gone, "There." she sighs.

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asks, earning a glare from the rest of the children, "I'm not crazy." she defends herself.

"He was there. He wanted us to follow him." Lucy speaks, Peter walks up to the young girl.

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood, just like the bear." He says to her, "I think I know Aslan when I see him." Lucy looks at him.

"Look. I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist." Trumpkin says, "The last time me and Y/N didn't believe Lucy, we ended up looking pretty stupid." Edmund speaks, honestly in Y/N opinion.

"Why wouldn't I see him?" Peter asks the young girl, "Maybe you weren't looking." Lucy answers, "I'm sorry, Lu." Peter apologise and walks off with Susan and Trumpkin.

Lucy stood watching the other side, she looked at Y/N and Edmund, who nodded, quietly telling her to follow the rest.
--

When they arrived at Beruna, it wasn't a calm river, now two-hundred men stood around, building a bridge, cutting trees. Among the planks stood four catapults.

The children and dwarf hid behind a pile of timber, they scanned the area, worried, suddenly men on horses arrived on their left.

The small grouping quickly slump down, so their entire bodies were hidden from everyone.

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to come after all." Susan whispers, to her older brother.

While the Pevensie' and Trumpkin snuck back into the forest, Y/N watched the men, noticing someone familiar, standing there talking to the other men.

"Y/N?" Edmund turns back around, noticing she was following the rest, "Come on." he whispers to her, Y/N stands up, following him back into the wood.

Finally back at the ravine, "So where exactly do you think you saw him?" Peter asks Lucy, "I wish you'd all stop trying to sound like grown-ups. I didn't think I saw him, I did see him." Lucy speaks. "I am grown-up." Trumpkin speaks up.

Lucy walks up the edge, Y/N eyes widen, "I was right about-" but the young girl was cut off by the cliff below her falling, "Lucy!" Y/N exclaims, rushing the the edge as well as the others, "Here." Lucy finishes off her sentence, smiling sheepishly.
--