SIX

THE ROYALS - INCLUDING EUSTACE, WHO WAS NOW HUMAN AND REEPICHEEP - WERE ALL ROWING IN A LONGBOAT ON THE WAY TO ASLAN' COUNTRY

"My friends, we have arrived." Reepicheep informs. Y/N looks up seeing a giant wave that seemed to be stuck in the same position as they stopped ashore.

"Aslan?" Eustace mumbles, causing everyone to face the lion.

"Welcome children, you have well, very well indeed. You have come far and now tour journey is at its end." Aslan greets.

"Is this your country?" Lucy questions, "No, my country lies beyond." Aslan answers, looking towards the wave.

"Is my father in your country?" Caspian asks, sighing. "You can only find that out yourself." Aslan replies.

Caspian walks to the wave, putting his hand in it before pulling it away.

"You're not going?" Edmund asks, "Do you think he's there?" Y/N adds.

"I can't imagine that my father would be very proud that I gave up what he worked for. I spent too long wanting what was taking from me and not what was given, I was given a Kingdom, people, I will become a better King." Caspian speaks.

"You already are." Aslan nods, before turning towards the Pevensie', Scrubb and L/N children, "Children."

"I think it's about time we actually went home, Lu." Edmund sighs, "We can't just leave." Y/N interjects.

Lucy looks at the two, before focusing on her brother, "I thought you loved it here?" she questions.

"I do, I love it here, but what about home? And our family too? They need us." Edmund Edmund answers.

Reepicheep walks forward, telling the former ruler, that he was willingly to go to Aslan' country.

"Reep." Y/N sighs, the mouse looks at her and smiles.

"This is our last time here, isn't it?" Lucy questions Aslan. "Yes, you have grown up, my dear one. Just like Peter and Susan." Aslan replies.

"Will you visit us in our world?" Lucy continues, "I shall be watching you always." Aslan answers.

Lucy looks at him, confused, "How?"

The conversation soon rung out of Y/N' ears. Y/N loves Narnia, she can't just stand up and leave. Narnia was like her second home, now it all will just be a children's book in her mind.

She felt a tug on the bottom of her trousers, to see Reepicheep, his small, furry, body beside her calf.

"Goodbye, Y/N." He sighs, sadly. Y/N nods down, "Goodbye, Reep. I hope to see you soon." she swallows harshly to bury her sobs.

Y/N takes his small body into hers, hugging tightly.

Soon Reepicheep rowed himself into the wave, it opened and closed and before Y/N knew it, she had losed a friend, a family member.

"Y/N," Aslan called out, Y/N turns to him. "You may return, there are still things you need to learn, to face your fears."

Y/N eyes widen, "Really?" Aslan nods, a small smile, plastered on his face. "It may be a while until then, but I will be here, waiting for your return." Aslan continues.

"The same goes to Eustace." Aslan adds. Eustace looks up, with a smile on his face.

"For now, my Queens, King, Eustace," Aslan bows, "You may go home to your families."

Y/N looks down, Lucy goes to hug everyone. Edmund does the same.

Y/N goes up to Caspian, "I hope to see you soon, Cas." Caspian smiles, kissing her head. "Goodbye, Y/N."

Y/N went over to Aslan, hugging him tightly, her face stuffed in his large mane. "Farewell and take care all of you." Aslan smiles.

The four children walk over to the wave, it opened, they turned around and waved as the wave closed over on their home from home.
--

Y/N sat on her bed, her window closes just like she tried to do it before going to Narnia.

Edmund' ripped letter in her hand, she rubbed her thumb over his signature, as the other rubbed the small sentence below it from Lucy.

"Y/N!" Her mother called out, Y/N didn't reply. Her bedroom door opened as her mother walked in.

"Oh, my baby, whatever is the matter?" M/N asks, sitting next to her. "Mum, I got back from Narnia." Y/N speaks.

M/N looks at her only child, "That's sound fun, dear, but what's the problem? Was it your last time?"

Y/N shakes her head, "No, but instead of Edmund and Lucy coming with me next time, it's Eustace their cousin."

M/N looks at her, "I'm sure Edmund Pevensie will find some way to make it back to Narnia." She chuckles.

Y/N smiles, but it falls, "I miss him, mum." M/N smiles, "I know you, honey, but once Helen is back from America maybe we could all go out for lunch."

Y/N looks at her mother, "I would like that."

❥︎❥︎❥︎