New found Crush

CHAPTER FIVE

CHIOMA

I’ve finally gotten him. This is getting easier than I thought. Since the day I overheard him mummering about his arranged marriage with Ruby while entering his office, I made it my duty to destroy the arrangement because Alex is mine but it seems Ruby doesn’t want to let go of him.

It all started in secondary school, I and Ruby were bestfriends, we do things together to the extent we were nicknamed ‘twins’. Unfortunately, I realised that she got almost the whole cute boys attention in the school while I never did. Not that I was ugly but I wasn’t just too pretty like Ruby. Then I had this great crush on Alex.

Yes Alex.

I tried doing all sort of things to make him notice me so he would find me pretty enough and like me but he never noticed me. I realised he liked Ruby instead. I was jealous. Really jealous that I started hating her but I didn’t let it show, I still pretended we were friends because I wanted to use her to get close to Alex since I knew they were childhood friends. I asked her one day if she has any romantic feelings for Alex, she assured me she has none, that he is like an older brother to her. That gave me a go ahead to like him more which eventually turned to crazy love. I never told her about it.

Stupid, I know but what can I do.

A day came when she called me aside during lunch break.

“What is it Ruby?” I asked getting irritated.

“I want to tell you something I found out recently which is hard to believe myself.”

“What is it?” Again I asked.

“I just realised I have a crush on Alex.” She dropped the bomb.

“But you said you didn’t see him like that.”

“Yes… I know I said that but like I said I found out recently, my heart always beats whenever I see him and I can’t stop thinking about him.” She explained smiling as if remembering an event that happened when she found out about her new found crush for Alex.

“Why?” I asked getting seriously annoyed.

“Why what?”

“Why Alex?”

“Why not him? Well I’m just telling you this because I plan on telling him about my feelings.”

“But he’s writing waec, you shouldn’t inform him yet.”

“It’s true.” She agrees.

Yes! I’ll make sure to tell him first.

“Once he’s done with his external exams, I’ll inform him but I will need your help.”

“No problem.” I say fake-smiling. Just then the bell rang indicating lunch break is over.

“I’ll tell you later when I have a plan. Let’s go to class.”

“Go, I’ll meet you later.”

“Ok.”

She’s selfish. Can’t she leave him for me? I’ll make sure whatever plan she makes backfire.

Three weeks later, on Saturday evening after graduation which ended few hours ago, I was on my way to the party that was announced by the party pooper; the real twins of the school, it was kinda a birthday party slash graduation celebration party because they were celebrating their birthday this Saturday so it was like double celebration. They invited the seniors mostly the graduands but since I’m a senior and I’ll be in ss3 next session I assumed I was invited. I wore the best party clothes I’ve got deciding to look sexy enough so Alex would find me more attractive and notice me in the party. As I got there I found out that I was actually late. I caught sight of Ruby dragging Alex with her outside.

Where are they going?

Oh! No way!

I recall the conversation I had with her earlier today during the graduation ceremony.

“I’m going to tell Alex today during Raphael and Rachael’s birthday party.” I just nodded while she smiled.

I looked forward and saw them discussing. I noticed the look on Alex’s face, it was a look that shows he is shocked from what she’s saying masked with a surprised expression before he regained himself putting back a normal expression. He said something which made her to become hurt and shocked. Then he left her. It seems he rejected her.

Why?

Or did he realise it’s me he liked?

Well I’ll find out.

He entered into the house and I immediately went to meet him and locked my lips with his. He was surprised and almost pushed me away but refrained from doing so instead he kissed me roughly. I noticed he was looking at the door he emerged from minutes ago and standing there was Ruby looking has hurt? I loved the look on her face becaUse it showed the exact feelings I had during school days then she ran out.

I smiled.

Mission accomplished.

Suddenly Alex pushed me away breaking our kiss, a look of disgust on his face and he left too.

I heard a ding from my phone indicating a message. I opened it.

I’ve sent the pictures to him.

I replied.

Good. Thanks.

Another message came in.

Are you sure I can get Ruby with this?

positive. Chill, our plan is working.

OK.

Ruby, Ruby. Watch your back. I’d use James to hurt you.

I met James at a bar who was my secondary school classmate, one of the boys that had a crush on Ruby. He confirmed that he still liked her. We decided to work together to separate Alex and Ruby so we can have them to ourselves. Our first plan was at the hotel which surprisingly succeeded and I’m grateful to James for his amazing plan. Alex just made it easier by employing me for the post of a secretary he needed urgently. Like they say bring your enemy closer but in this case Alex isn’t my enemy but he sees me as one. Our second plan is on its way.

Alex, Oh Alex. You are mine. No one can take him away from me when I drop the bomb.

I smiled.

_______________________________________

Please don't forget to press that little star button below before moving to the next chapter.

I love you all.