One centimeter apart

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

ALEX

"Come on in." I urged and she followed me, I opened it to reveal my humble abode.

"Wow! It's cool."

"Do you want a tour?" I asked and she nodded her head. I showed her from the living room to the dinning room to the kitchen.

"This kitchen is so cool and extremely modernized." She complemented.

"Thanks, let's go upstairs let me show you the rest of the house." We went upstairs, I showed her all the rooms, the library, my study room and the master's bedroom which was mine and will be hers soon.

"So manly." She commented.

"Wanna take a look at the inside?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I'll pass."

"It's a pity, it's gonna be your room soon, just take a look at the inside" I tried persuading her.

"Alex, I'll pass thanks. I love the kitchen, can I go take a look at it again?"

"Yeah. After all it's your kitchen." She smiled and ran downstairs and I followed suit.

"What should I bake for you, a cookie? Do you have the ingredients?"

"Yeah I guess. But let's talk now."

"Okay, but do you have drinks in your fridge? We can drink while we talk." She suggested.

"Yeah." She brought out five alive from the fridge while I brought out two glass cups. She poured it in the cups and sat down on the kitchen stool facing me.

"I brought you here so we could spend time together, like get to know more of each other before the engagement and maybe..." I drawled my last statement.

"Maybe what Alex?"

"Maybe we could continue what we started earlier today in your mom's kitchen."

"In your dreams Alex." She responded and I groaned.

"Okay then, tell me things I don't know about you."

"Alex, my life is boring. I went to school and came back then boom, I'm getting married to you soon."

"At least tell me what happened in the states?" I took a sip of my drink.

"Nothing much, I schooled there and met a wonderful best friend who wouldn't betray me." She said her last statement in disgust.

"I'm really sorry about what happened eight years ago Ruby, everyday I regret the statement I made and what I did."

"It's all in the past now." She assured me but I was sure she was still angry about it.

"But still, I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me that time." I begged.

"Why do you always run to her?" She suddenly asked me.

"Sorry?" What's she talking about?

"Why do you always run to her chioma, I'm talking about the hotel incident." she explained.

"Oh! That day I was really pissed at what you said."

"So you went straight to chioma? Was she your girlfriend before?" She asked sipping from her glass.

What?!

"Girlfriend? She was never my girlfriend, who gave you that idea?" I asked wondering where she got that from.

"You of course, you told me you had a girlfriend you loved the other day at my house, you said you broke up with her for the sake of our parent's friendship." Geez! She still remembers that.

"I said that out of anger when you told me you had a boyfriend too, I never had a girlfriend Ruby."

"Really?" She asked surprised.

"Yes, what about you, who's the guy?"

"I never had one too, I was referring to James that day but we weren't an item."

"So we lied to ourselves then, to make each other jealous."

"I guess so." She agreed. "Alex?"

"Yeah Ruby?"

"Why did you reject my feelings for you eight years ago?" She asked and I was stunned at the question. I guess the truth will have to be out now.

"I was scared, to be truthful, I also had something for you that time." I came closer to her and looked in her eyes. "I was scared that if I tell you that and we dated, your parents won't agree to that so I tried to avoid it because I don't want it to strain our parent's friendship." I concluded.

"You could have told me then than to have left me standing there and kissed her."

"She was the one who forcefully kissed me, so I kissed her back wanting you to hate me." I told her.

"You succeeded."

"But do you know the painful thing that happened that day?" I sighed as I remembered it.

"What?"

"That was the day my father told me I was arranged to be your husband, I was so pained because I just rejected you and kissed your best friend, even though she practically forced me, I was so sure you hated the sight of me that time so I told my parents I would travel to the states to study when Harvard accepted me." I held her face closer to mine. "I'm really sorry Ruby, I'm an asshole." I said that and was about to taste those succulent lips when Ruby stood up abruptly.

"Would you like for me to bake you some cookies?" She asked again and I groaned. She didn't wait for my response but went straight to the kitchen. "Alex, where is the flour!" She yelled.

"It's in the second cupboard." I yelled back, stood up from the sofa and went to the kitchen. As soon as I reached there, I chuckled at the sight before me. Ruby's hand couldn't reach the cupboard as she tiptoed. "Too short." I said and helped her bring the flour from the cupboard.

"I'm not short, Alex." She glared at me.

"You are. Just admit it." She smirked and before I knew it, my face was caked with flour.

"That's what you get for calling me short." She said as she poured the flour in a bowl.

"You're so dead." I grabbed the bowl of floor and poured it on her, from her head.

"Alex!" She shrieked And I felt her break an egg on my head, then two and three eggs.

Soon we were throwing eggs on ourselves until there wasn't a single egg remaining. Our bodies were sticky.

"Let's stop please." Ruby begged and I agreed. "Show me the bathroom, lemme clean myself." I took her to my bathroom and gave her the hand shower, I was about to leave when she called me.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Please help me wash my hair."She begged and I obliged. I took the hand shower from her and started washing away all mashed eggs mixed with flour on her hair. After that I sprayed the shower on her body and it rinsed everything off. She collected it from me after I was done with hers and also rinsed my body, Now our clothes were all wet and it sticked to our bodies. I took the towel and started drying her body, from her head, to her neck, then to the bosom, she stared at me as I dried her bosom breathing heavily as if waiting for me to make the first move. I moved closer to her, closer and closer until our lips were one centimeter apart, her eyes were already closed and our lips almost--

Rrinnnngggg! Rrriiiinngggg!! The room cellphone rang breaking us apart. Fuck!

_______________________________________

Please don't forget to press that little star button below before moving to the next chapter.

I love you all.