Don't worry sweetheart, I'll be gentle.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

ALEX

The wedding was postponed till next week Friday and the preparation never stopped, my little brother, Samuel came back yesterday to witness the wedding which was supposed to be next tomorrow but was sad when he heard that it has been postponed, he agreed to wait so he would be part of it when it will be held.

I resumed work in the office, my workers welcomed me as they saw me back, some asked if I travelled with my fiancee but I politely laughed it off not giving any single information to any of them. These days I've been finding it hard to trust anybody.

I showered Ruby with flowers courting her the real way, I was now a regular visitor in her house always coming after office hours everyday and going back to my house before midnight. Today was no exception.

"Is Ruby in?" I asked the gate man who nodded his head in affirmation. "Okay." I drove in."

I rang the bell and Mrs. Amanda opened the door smiling as she saw me. "Ruby is inside." She told me knowing fully well who I came for.

*Thanks." I went upstairs, knocked before entering her room.

"You didn't even wait for me to call you in before entering, what if I wasn't wearing clothes?" She asked me.

"It doesn't matter, It's something I'll still see and touch later on." I teased and I was rewarded with a slap at my back. "Ouch!"

"So why did you come today? No flowers for me?"

"Yeah no flowers but I came with this." I quickly kissed her lips to which she playfully pushed me away. "Get dressed, we are going out."

"To where this time?" She asked smiling.

"It's a surprise, get dressed okay?"

"Alright boo, you can wait in the living room while I get dress."

"So you cannot dress in front of your boo." I teased but I was slightly serious.

"In your reverie Alex. C'mon go out." She chuckled as she pushed me out of her room.

I went downstairs to wait seeing her mom who was in the living room too.

"Mother, I'll be going out with Ruby." I informed her.

"No problem, please just make sure you bring her back safely." She said and I nodded.

"Yes ma. I will by God's grace."

"So have you gotten your self a best man yet?" She asked making small conversation.

"Not yet but I have someone in mind, I'll ask him tomorrow."

"Okay then, how is your little brother Samuel?"

"He's doing fine ma, he's trying to adjust to this Nigeria's recession." She laughed as I said this.

"Send your brother my greetings, okay?"

"Okay ma."

Soon Ruby came down dressed in a black dinner gown, looking beautiful as always.

"This girl you're so fine." I complimented as she reached the last stairs.

"Stop whining me jor. Let's go." and we left.

*
*
*

"So it was your house you were bringing me to all this while." She said as we stepped into my humble house.

"I prepared a candle light dinner for us."

"Wow!" She exclaimed as she saw it. "This is beautiful." I brought out a chair for her to seat, she sat and I brought out mine. I served her the jollof rice and chicken before serving mine the she blessed the food and we started eating.

"This is so delicious. Did you cook this or you ordered it?" She asked with an amused expression on her beautiful face.

"I cooked it."

"Really? You tried. Hmm... Soo good. I give you 100." She praised as she continued eating. As soon as we were done, we cleared the table and washed the plates together in the kitchen.

"Have I ever told you this?" I asked while we were in the living room watching a movie on the Television.

"What?" She asked her eyes glued to the film.

"How I love you." I stated. That got her attention.

"I don't think so."

"Well I'm saying it now, I love you Ruby Johnson and I'll cherish you till we get old and eventually die. I don't think I can ever live without you."

" I love you too Alex, you've been my first love and surely my last, you've held my heart since the beginning."

"You stole my heart the moment I held your little hands in the hospital, and I knew then that you'd be mine." I confessed.

"You were there when I was brought to this world?" She asked surprised.

"Yes."

"My mum never told me this."

"Maybe she didn't remember but I very much remember that time." I stood up to kneel down in front of her.

"What are you doing?"

"Ruby, I know it's already late but I've been meaning to say this, my one and only love, will you marry me?" I asked even though I very much knew her response.

"I will Alex." She replied, I got up and kissed her lips putting her on my laps and continued kissing her so passionately. The kiss graduated from passionate to hunger. I was so hungry for her that my little man was already wide awake. I brought her closer to me and kept on kissing her before she stopped and called me.

"Yes love."

"I have something to say."

"What is it?" I asked caressing my hands on her cheek.

"I'm still a virgin." The moment I heard those words from her, it made the the most happiest man alive.

"Really?" I asked not sure of what I just heard from her.

"Really." She confirmed and I hugged her tightly.

"You've made me so happy, even though I'm not a virgin like you, my body would be yours till I die." I told her and she blushed. I kissed her again but this time it was a chaste kiss. "I'd love to pop that cherry on our wedding night." I said and I was rewarded with a slap at my back. "Don't worry sweet heart I'll be gentle." I winked and as she was about to slap my again, I ran out of her reach and she chased me.

_______________________________________

Please don't forget to press that little star button below before moving to the next chapter.

I love you all.