Number 10, Trivia lane avenue

CHAPTER NINETEEN

RUBY

I opened my eyes but I closed it immediately due to the harsh Ray's of sunlight peeping through the curtain and my head was mercilessly pounding. I placed my hand on my forehead to try to ease the pain but felt a bandage round my head. I opened my eyes to look at my surroundings, oh God.

Where am I? Why am I in a hospital? How am I here? Why is there a bandage round my forehead?  Why is my whole body aching me? Why are there needles injected in my body? Alex! Alex! Where is Alex?

*
*
*

ALEX

I heard chatters, noises causing the pain on my head to increase. I opened my but the place was dark. My body was tied to a chair and my hands were handcuffed at the back of the chair.

Where the hell am I in? Suddenly, someone switched on the room light and I saw three men with black clothes with a gun at their belt. Have I been kidnapped?

"Why am I here?" I asked the men in a raspy tone but was ignored.

"Do you know who you kidnapped? I'm Alex Chimezie, the Ceo of mezie's construction, I could sue you for this." I all but spat still I was ignored, the pain on my head doubled; my body was in serious pain.

"Where is Ruby? What did you guys do to her?" I asked but I was still ignored. "Answer me!" I growled.

"Will you shut up!" The second thug with dreadlocks hissed.

"Not until you tell me why I'm here and where my Ruby is?" I pointed out evenly.

The first thug whispered something to the dreadlocks thug, to which he nodded and went out of the room.

I struggled to set myself free but all my efforts were in vain because instead I was only hurting myself. Minutes later, the dreadlocks thug entered with someone and I gasps!

"Chioma!" I spat. I didn't know the devil can be evil to this extent.

"Yes dear." She mocked me as she trailed her fingers on my face, I spotted blood at her finger before she licked it. She bent forward and licked the remains of my blood that was almost dry near my left eye. I couldn't push her but I was roughly shaked my head and it hit her face. She held her face and slapped me hard.

"You're mine, you get it? No one, I repeat no one would have you except me." I scoffed as she said that.

"You're crazy, and I'll never be yours, you don't know who you're dealing with, I'm in love with Ruby and I can never love you, put that at the back of your skull." I hissed and then I saw it. My watch. "What are you doing with my watch?" I asked her.

"How do you know it's yours? Well, it's now mine. Think of it as a wedding gift you gave me, I'll cherish it, you don't need to worry."Then she looked at the watch and said; "Get ready, our marriage is in two hours, it was delayed because of you slept for two whole days."

Two whole days? Geez! I've got to get out of here and find my Ruby. Chioma left the room whispering something to the third thug who plaited 'all back'  and had earrings in his ears before taking the dreadlocks thug and the first thug along with her.

The intimidating looking thug whom I call the third thug was on his andriod phone laughing at what entertainment the phone brought to him. What seems like hours when in reality it was only ten minutes, a call came through a button phone which was sitting on the table beside him. He picked it up and nodded at what the caller told him. He dropped the button phone back on the table and left locking the door behind him, then I used the opportunity to examine the environment I was in.