Wow! So romantic!

CHAPTER EIGHT

RUBY

A day turned to two days, two days to five days, five days to seven days, seven to nine days to twelve days to fourteen days to eighteen days. Time didn't stop, this is reality telling me to wake up and accept this as my fate, that Alex and I don't belong together.

I've been distanced, distanced from my family especially my mom who keeps pestering me to tell her what happened at  the date, I couldn't tell her, I don't even want to remember that day.
Sitting in the living room watching king of heart on zeeworld, my cell phone rang. I got up and picked it up from the center table.

Susan? I accepted the call while reducing the volume of the TV to talk to my bestie and roommate while in college.

"Hey Susan, what's up?"

"Fine o, how you dey na?"

"I dey fine, when did you come back to Nigeria because I noticed you are using your Nigerian number?"

" Three weeks ago girl, I got tired of the states and decided to come back to my  own country, there's no place like home."

"Abi"

" It's been a long time girl, let's meet na."

"Now?"

"Yes na or are you busy?"

"No, infact I'm bored, where are you let me meet you there or better still come to my house, I'll send you the address."

"you better. See you later girl."

"Yeah bye."

I ended the call and immediately sent her my home address and rushed into the kitchen to prepare some snacks for her arrival.

*
*
*

The door bell rang, I opened it and I was immediately attacked by a hug, I hugged back. She looked more pretty since the last time I saw her.

"Oh Ruby, I miss you."

"I double miss you girl, c'mon inside."

"Wow, your house is cool, rich child."

"Lol, make your self comfortable, let me get something for you." I went inside the kitchen to bring the snacks I made together with two bottles of fanta from the fridge. I put them on a tray and placed it on the center table in the livingroom, I took my bottle of fanta and sat down.

"Wow! You made this?" She asked taking a bite of the short bread I made.

"Yeah, Is it good?"

"Yummy, soo good." She took her bottle of fanta.
"So how far na? What's going on in your life?"

"Nothing much." She said shrugging then her eyes widened as if she remembers something. "Oh! I met someone, a handsome guy."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"How? Gist me jor"

"Ok ok, was it three or two weeks ago? I'm not really sure but I guess it's two weeks, I was walking one afternoon admiring the streets of lekki when a car suddenly almost hit me. I fell down due to the force of how the driver pressed the brake. Then a young handsome man came out of the car and started asking me whether I was okay and insisted he will take me to the hospital for a checkup. I agreed and after that, he asked me out."

"He asked you out? Isn't that so fast?"

"Wait ... I refused to go out with him but that evening while I was in my apartment, he appeared on my door and asked for just a dinner with me."
I gasped.