What is hell is she doing?

CHAPTER TEN

ALEX

Rriinng! Rriinng!

I turned off the shower, wore my robe and ran out of the bathroom to answer the impatient caller. It was my dad.

"Hello dad, good evening." I greeted.

"Evening dear, I called to remind you about tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah son, I and your mother's anniversary." Oh shit! I totally forgot.

"Oh yes, yes, happy anniversary in advance dad and please say hello to mum for me, I've missed her."

"You should come home you know, we are celebrating our anniversary."

"There would be a party?"

" Yes, just I, your mom, my friend and his family and of course you since your brother isn't available."

Ruby... Just the sound of her name makes my heart beat.

"By what time dad? Please make it after office hours."

"It's by six sharp. Be there son. I've already informed the Johnson's. It's gonna be a double celebration."

"double celebration? Apart from your anniversary what else are you guys celebrating?"

"your engagement with Ruby."

" What?"

" Yes son, you heard me, See you later. Bye." Dad ended the call.

Oh God! This is too fast. Engagement? I haven't even told them the dreadful news yet. This is getting too complicated. I'd make sure to inform them tomorrow.

A ding sounds from my phone, it's a message from an unknown number. I opened it and I realised the message is from the same number that sent me the pictures at the hotel.

'Hey Alex... Please let's meet at Golden restaurant tomorrow by 6pm. It's important. Thanks.'  Who is this and how did he or she get my number infact how did he or she know my name? Thank God I'm occupied tommorow.

'Not possible stranger, I have plans...' I switched off my phone, changed into my pajamas and slept through the night dreading tomorrow when I'd tell the news.

*
*
*
*
*

By 5:55pm I was already parked in my family's mansion. I came out of the car and pressed the door bell when I reached the door.

"Hey son, glad you made it. But you supposed to be earlier." Dad said opening the door.

"I'm sorry, I really tried to come very early but you know this Nigeria traffic. Is there anything I can help with?" I asked entering the mansion.

"Just help your mom set the table, she's almost through with cooking. The Johnson's will be here soon."

"Okay sir." I went straight to the kitchen. I'm very sure this evening will be full of drama when I tell them about the pregnancy and the fact that their wish of having I and Ruby married is already terminated.

I entered the kitchen to bring the plates we would use to eat but my attention was diverted when I percieved the aroma of my mom's snacks. She made cookies.

"Mom...Good evening. The snacks smells delicious, can I have a taste?" I took a piece of cookie in a tray not waiting for her give me the permission.

"Son, don't ever try that again. It's unhealthy."

"Sorry mom,Is just that it smells so good, I miss you mom." I hugged her. "Happy thirtieth anniversary."