Chapter 5

I rifled through my purse to find my phone.

I walked inside and closed the door. I thought the thieves has left, but a man dressed in black with a ski mask walked around the corner and saw me.

"Found her!" He yelled.

Two other men came around the corner with two big knives in their hand.

"Please! I promise I won't tell!" I pleaded.

I started crying.

One of the men put a knife up to my throat when another man came down the stairs.

"Stop!" He yelled. I recognized his voice.

"Go out to the van. I will take care of this."

The men obeyed and walked out the back door.

The man came down the stairs.

"Please. I won't tell. If you just let me go-"

"Leave. Go. Somebody wants you dead. I won't kill you. I can't kill you. Don't come back. You will be in so much danger." He explained.

I nodded and stumbled out the door.

I tried to get out as fast as I could. I grabbed my bike and rode it thirty miles per hour. I had to get out of there.

Who wanted my dead? And why? I didn't know where I was going I was just riding.

It started to get dark. I didn't know where I was. I stopped at a gas station to see what I had. My cellphone, a pack of gum, lipstick, a granola bar, and fifty dollars. I ate the granola bar.

I didn't know how much food I would need, but I decided to buy five dollars worth of some of the cheapest food. I bought a cup of coffee, a bag of chips, a turkey sandwich, and mentos.

I drank the coffee. I was going to need it. I thought of stopping at a hotel, but I didn't have enough money. So I was going to ride until I came up with an idea.

I rode in small neighborhoods, trying to find available rooms, when I came to a dead end that looked deserted.

One of the houses door was opened. I parked my bike in the road and peeked inside. There was nobody there.

I walked in and closed the door behind me. It was warm. It was a surprisingly large house. I noticed a few Greek letters around the house. I was too tired to think of what they were. The house looked like it had been deserted for a while so I didn't worry about getting caught.

I ran upstairs and found a few bedrooms.

I found a bedroom in the back of the house and decided to sleep there. My eyes were closed before my head hit the pillow.

***

"Just leave her there."

"Dude! She's in my bed!"

"You can sleep in my bed. I don't mind sleeping with her."

"Oh shut up, Rocky! You're just jealous because you don't have a girlfriend!"

"I think we should call the cops."

"No, we can't do that. She is too young. Poor thing slept here for a good reason."

"So what do you suggest we do?"

I opened my eyes a crack. I saw seven men standing around me. They were all wearing white togas and looked in their twenties.

I opened my eyes all the way and sat up.

"She's awake!" One of them said.

"Who are you?" Another one asked.