Chapter 7

"I'll get it." George offered.

"Hi there." A stern voice said.

"I am from Social Services. Can I come in?" They said again.

"I'd like to see a badge please." George said.

"We don't have badges, sir." They added.

"Then I don't have any obligation to let you in." George defended.

"That is fine by me. Have you seen Crystal White? She had been missing for a day now and was spotted around this area. We are helping her stepmother locate her."

I leaned my head over the couch and motioned for George not to tell the person. For all I could know, it was my stepmother in disguise.

"Um, no I'm sorry. I don't know who that is. I haven't seen it on the news. Why aren't the police dealing with this?" He said.

"Her stepmother contacted us to help her. We also deal with family issues. Well, thank you." The door closed.

"You're all good, Snow." George called.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Social Services? My stepmother would make a big deal out of it. She definitely would not call social services. She would call the news station first." I explained.

"There was definitely something fishy about that woman." George said.

"Woman? I thought it was a man?" I asked.

"Nope. Woman. Long black hair-"

"That is the woman who dropped off the makeup box!" I exclaimed.

"This is getting really weird!" Davis said shakily.

Who was trying to kill me and why?

***

Evelyn's POV

"In the lipstick?"

"Yes, I know she will use the lipstick."

"Ok. Just make sure you do not touch it. There will be third degree burns if you do."

Missy stuck the tip of the lipstick with a needle and inserted the poison.

When she was done, she packed all of the makeup into an Avon box.

"Here you go." She handed the box to me.

I put on the black wig and looked in the mirror. Missy did my makeup earlier and made me look younger.

"Perfect." I said quietly.

I stuck a note on it addressing it for Crystal from the Sigma Phi Epsilon boys.

I used my tracking device on her phone and located her at a fraternity house. I did some research and found out there were only seven men there currently. The rest were elsewhere.

I got in my car and drove to the fraternity. I went up to the door and knocked. I heard walking from the inside. I hope she was alone.

Avon." I said.

"We don't need any thank you." Crystal through the door.

"Somebody ordered it so...."

"Leave it on the porch."

"K."

I set the box down on the porch and walked to the side of the house so I could see through the kitchen window.

She picked it up, read it, then put it back on the porch.

I was going to have to do something bigger to catch her attention.

I went back to my car and drove to a department store and bought some business clothes. When I drove back to the fraternity, I saw cars in the driveway.

The men were home. What was I going to do now? I quickly devised a plan in my head and walked up to the door. I really hope Crystal didn't answer. She would recognize me immediately. I didn't take off the wig or makeup.

I knocked on the door and a man answered.

"Hi there." I said in a stern voice.

"I am from Social Services. Can I come in?" I said again.

"I'd like to see a badge please." The man said.

"We don't have badges, sir." I added.

"Then I don't have any obligation to let you in." He defended.

"That is fine by me. Have you seen Crystal White? She had been missing for a day now and was spotted around this area. We are helping her stepmother locate her."

He hesitated for a moment.

"Um, no I'm sorry. I don't know who that is. I haven't seen it on the news. Why aren't the police dealing with this?" He said.

"Her stepmother contacted us to help her. We also deal with family issues. Well, thank you." They closed the door.

I walked back to my car this time.

I don't like liars.

I got in my car and drove to Fran's. When I got there, she was reading another customer.

I wasn't going to wait, I stormed in and pushed back the customer's chair.

"Hey!" They yelled.

"I'm sorry, right now I am more important than you." I yelled back.

Fran opened her eyes and saw me leaning on the small round table.

"Excuse me, Darla, your reading will be free just let me deal with her first." Fran said kindly.

Darla frowned, got up, and walked into the waiting room.

I pulled up the chair and sat down.

"You can't just storm in on my readings." She said.

"I promise this will probably be the last time I come." I said.

"Ok. Let's get started."

***

It's starting to get tense right? I am getting the tingles. I just want to let everyone know that just reading my story is supporting me in so many ways. I appreciate all of it. Voting is even better.

I also want to let you know that if I end a chapter on Evelyn's point of view, the start of the next chapter will be Snow unless I say otherwise.

XOXO
-RavenclawMaven1198