Chapter 14

"I'm not going back to my stepmother." I crossed my arms.

"Technically, she is your legal guardian. She has a say whether you leave her protection or not." George explains.

"Well what if she goes to jail?" I asked.

"That's if she goes to jail." He corrected.

"No! She will go to jail! She tried to kill me!" I yelled.

"It's not that simple, Snow. They have to have evidence-"

"I am evidence!" I gestured to myself.

"Snow, just calm down." Peter said.

I started crying. I know she will find a way out of being arrested, and then she will try to kill me again. I don't want to go through that again.

"It's ok, Snow. We will protect you." He said comfortingly.

"No! You can't! Don't you see? She has more power than all of you combined!" I screamed.

I sobbed into my hands.

A hand was on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

There was no way out of this. I felt like killing myself. I would do absolutely anything to get away from her. Except die.

I took my hands away from my head and looked up. Everyone was daring at me.

George gulped. "Somebody is here to see you."

An ostentatious woman walked in with long black hair.

I slid to the back of my bed and started crying again.

"Get away from me!" I sobbed.

"Crystal, it's ok." She said in a calm voice.

"Get her out! She is trying to kill me!" I screamed again.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I would never hurt you." She sat on the edge of my bed.

I rolled off the bed, tangling myself in the cords, tubes, and wires attached to my body.

I ripped the IV tubes out of my arm and ran out of the room, my back end exposed because of the lack of modesty in the hospital gowns.

I ran down the hallway and tried to get in an elevator before three nurses pulled me back.

Peter came running down the hall, he pried the nurses off of me and grabbed my arm.

"Snow, stop. This is stupid. She will leave." He said.

I stopped resisting and leaned my head into his shoulder.

He hesitantly put his arm around me.

I cried into his chest. His other arm came around me.

I peeked over his shoulder and saw my stepmother walking he opposite way out of my room.

Peter and I slowly walked back to my room. I laid down on my bed and a nurse put all of my tubes and needles back in.

I fell asleep immediately. I had dreams of being killed again, but this time, I knew they weren't real and tried not to wake up screaming.

When I did wake up, everybody was staring at me sullenly.

"What?" I asked.

Peter took a shaky breath, "The witch is dead."