Chapter 12

Peter's POV

"70 watts." The doctor said again.

Her body lurched up again.

Then, a long beeping sound came from the monitor. A nurse turned it off.

"Let's call it." The doctor sighed.

"Time of death, five forty-"

"Stop!" I yelled.

There were tears in my eyes, she wasn't dead.

I walked over and put my fingers on her neck to check her pulse.

I waited a few seconds before I felt a very small pulse coming from her neck.

"She's not dead." I said. My voice cracked.

A nurse walked over and felt her pulse too.

"She's alive." She said quietly.

The doctor sighed, "Turn the machines back on. Let's roll her into a room."

The machines were turned back on by nurses and the steady beeping noises filled my ears again. For once in my life, I was relieved to hear them.

I took a patient's gown and draped it over her chest. A few nurses and I rolled her into a room in the ICU.

I brushed some hair out of her face and kissed her on the forehead.

"Peter." The same nurse who told me to send the blood work said.

"Yes." I turned and looked at her.

"The blood work results came back. Do you want to come look?" She asked.

I nodded and followed her into a small office.

She pulled up a few computer images.

There were small, green, spider looking cells and round, red cells in the image.

"Do you know what this is?" She asked.

I pointed to the red cells. "Those are blood cells but I am not sure what the green cells are."

"Those green cells are a poison called Cyanide. It is found in most blue paints. It makes the victim unconscious at first, but eventually kills them. This is the poison that killed Rasputin. Cyanide is everywhere around us, but not like this."

I was sick. Snow wouldn't be stupid enough to eat blue paint. Somebody poisoned her.

"Is there a way to cure it?" I asked.

"There is a cyanide antidote kit. She will be fine if we do it now." She answered.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Then let's hurry up and do it now."

***

Ok, I know I have been doing a lot of Author's Notes at the end of chapters and I'm sorry but I need to explain a few things.

I had to do so much research to make this story as accurate as I could and I'm sorry if some of my information is wrong but just remember this is a work of fiction and not everything is going to be perfect. So if my summary of Gone With The Wind is inaccurate or the number of people in the fraternity isn't accurate or if you are supposed to use one hundred watts to revive someone just chill ok. I am doing the best I can.

Cyanide I learned is a real poison found in blue paints and does cause unconsciousness then death and you can use kits to cure cyanide poisonings. I am sorry if I got some of the effects of cyanide poisoning wrong but I am really trying to fit it into the story as best as I can. I tried to find the name of the real poison that poisoned Snow White but I couldn't find it and this was the best I could do.

Please comment or message me what you like better! When the books are more like the movies or less like the movies. For example, Ariel was really off from the movie, Snow White is a little but more like her movie, and the third book (which remember I'm not revealing) is A LOT like the movie with only a few added scenes.

Thank y'all for understanding!
(BTW I'm not Southern it's just easier to type)

XOXO

-RavenclawMaven1198

P.S. The chapter before this was in Snow's point of view and so will this next chapter.