Chapter 8

Evelyn's POV

"I need to know who the man is. So I know how to stop it." I said.

Fran closed her eyes.

"The damage is done." She said after a while.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The man has left her presence. He is no longer the problem."

I thought about it. Was it the boy she went to the movie with? The man from the fraternity at the door? Then a thought hit me. She got out alive. The man who was supposed to kill her! James! James is the man!

"I know who the man is, Fran." I said excitedly.

"Don't get too excited. Another man takes his place. The first man was past, the second is future. The future of everything."

"What does that mean? What's everything?"

"That's all they give me."

She opened her eyes.

"That will be three fifty plus an extra fifty for disrupting my session before and fifty dollars for Darla would be nice." She smiled and stuck out her hand.

I gave her my credit card. She gave it back after swiping it and I stormed outside.

***

Snow's POV

"I'm fine, Peter, really." I said over the phone.

He was calling to make sure I was ok. What a great guy!

He was working at the hospital right now and this was his only time to call.

"Ok, I will call you if I need anything. Love you too. Bye."

I hung up.

The boys were at classes again and I stayed home. I ran around the house trying to find something to do. I had already cleaned everything.

I grabbed a magazine and started reading. Drama.

I hated gossip. It annoys me. One thing from the next all floating around in a big bubble and when two ideas run into each other, nothing good happens. Just more misery and confusion.

I put it down and decided to run laps around the giant house. I hadn't gotten much exercise in the last couple days.

I was just about the run into the kitchen when the doorbell rang. I answered it because George had a package coming.

But before me stood a tall blond girl, in her twenties. She had bright blue eyes and tanned skin. She was beautiful.

"Hi." She said in a sing song voice.

"Can I help you?" I replied.

"Yeah, I am Rocky's girlfriend, Heather. Is he here?" She asked.

"Um, no but he will be home soon. You can come in if you like." I offered.

She stepped inside. I figured she was legit. She had blond hair, the other woman had black hair.

"Who are you?" She asked.

I had to think quick. How was I going to explain this?

"I'm Snow. George's cousin. He let me stay here for a while until I could get back on my feet. Don't tell the fraternity manager."

She gestured zipping her lips.

I smiled.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked.

"Water would be great." She answered.

I got her a cup of water and apple juice for myself.

She took a sip and looked at the door. "Is that somebody at the door?" She asked.

It must've been UPS. I got up from my stool and walked to the front door. Nobody was there.

"Nope. False alarm." I said.

I turned around and headed back to the table.

"Oh. It must've been a bird or something." She added.

I took a sip of my apple juice. The room started to get blurry. The figures of Heather's perfect face were vague.

What was happening? Was it all of the running and dehydration?

My eyelids got heavy. I couldn't feel my body.

"Nighty night." She said. It sounded like my stepmother.

I fell to the ground and everything went black.

***

Thank you all for your support! You don't know how much it means to me that you are reading this message right now! Comments and votes are much appreciated!

Ok so I actually just finished the third book of the Urban Princesses series (which I'm not revealing until the end of this book so you will have to read to rest of this book😋). But, I need suggestions for the fourth book of The Urban Princess series. Please comment with your opinion!!!

XOXO

RavenclawMaven1198