Chapter 9

George's POV

"Come on, Nat! Stay awake! We are almost home! I really don't want to carry you inside!" I yelled at Nat.

"I'm just so tired." He yawned.

"We are home so wake up. I am sure Snow has your bed made all nice for you with the covers pulled back." Mark added.

We all trudged inside after a long day of classes.

"We are home, Snow!" Rocky yelled when we walked in the door.

No answer. She must be cleaning still, if there is anything left to clean.

"We brought home Chinese!" Mark added, holding up a bag of egg rolls.

Still no answer. That was weird.

"She is just taking a nap. Chill out." Davis called from the kitchen.

I walked in and saw her laying on the floor, a juice box in her hand. Why would she be napping on the floor?

"Snow?" I leaned down and checked her pulse. It was dangerously low.

I shook her.

"Snow?" I called again.

"You guys! Come help! She's not waking up!"

Everybody rushed around her.

"Somebody call an ambulance!" Mark yelled.

Andy got on the phone and dialed nine one one.

An ambulance came five minutes later.

We had propped her up on the couch and were fanning her lightly. Her beautiful face emotionless, her black hair distressed around her head.

The EMTs lifted her onto a stretcher and loaded her into an ambulance. Mark went in the ambulance and the rest of us followed behind in our car.

I didn't believe in God, but now I was praying like there was no tomorrow. She is only fifteen. There is so much more for her to experience.

We pulled into the hospital and the doctors told us to sit in the waiting room. They rushed Snow into the ER.

Please be ok, Snow.

***

Peter's POV

"Peter, we are going to need your help on this one. Put the bedpans down and come into room 407 in the ER." Marianne called.

I was on bedpan scrubbing duty. I was so happy I got to work on an actual patient!

I put down the bedpan I was scrubbing and I ran down the numerous hallways to the ER.

I strolled into room 407 and put on gloves.

"Who is our patient?" A doctor scribbling on a clipboard asked.

"Fifteen year old female. Found unconscious in fraternity kitchen." A nurse said.

"Long night at the frat house. Been there." The doctor added.

I talked myself out of the idea that it was Snow. It wasn't her. Why would she be at a fraternity? Besides, she called me today. I pushed the thought out of my head.

Soon, EMTs were rushing a young girl in on a stretcher.

I looked at the fair skinned face.

It was Snow.