Chapter 10

Peter's POV

"I can't do it." I said to the nurse.

"Why not?! Come on, Peter!" She yelled at me while sticking Snow with IV needles.

"She is my girlfriend." I said.

"Don't you want to help your girlfriend? Now go get me some IV bags and a defibrillator!" She yelled again.

She was right. I rushed out of the room and got those things.

"Do you know how she passed out?" I asked.

"No visible head injury. We are going to take a blood sample." She answered.

The nurse poked her arm with a needle and drew back blood. Then, she pushed the blood into a sample tube and handed it to me.

"Bring this down to blood work." She said.

I rushed it to blood work as fast as I could. I would do anything to save her.

Now that I knew it was Snow, what happened to her? Why was she at a fraternity?

I couldn't ask those questions right now.

I dropped the tube off at blood work and ran back up the stairs to the ER again.

I was out of breath when I walked in.

There were doctors yelling orders, nurses poking her with more needles, and monitors beeping.

I couldn't do it. It was awful. I couldn't watch her go through this.

I threw up.

"Get over it!" A doctor yelled. "This is what an ER looks like! If you can't handle it then get out! We don't need anymore sick people than we already have!"

He was right. I wiped my mouth on my arm and walked over to the table.

The heart monitor was beeping wildly. She was dying.

A nurse ripped her shirt open and she cut her bra.

I looked away. Snow wouldn't want me to see her like this.

"40 watts." The doctor said.

He put gel on the defibrillator and rubbed the paddles together.

"Clear." He said.

He placed the paddles on her chest and her body lurched up.