Family, duty, honor

"Bran." Maester Luwin called, as he pointed at somewhere in the map in front of them. Ylina looked back from the targets in front of her and smiled at Bran, as the boy sighed.

"The Iron Islands." He answered, as Maester Luwin nodded.

As her younger brother studied and her older brother was busy again with his duties as lord, Ylina decided to spend that time with Theon training archery together as they used to do when they were younger behind her mother's back. When Theon's arrow hit bull's eye again, he gave her a smirk, to which she scoffed, pushing him aside to stand where he was before to shot her own arrow.

"Sigil — a kraken. Words. — 'We do not sow'."

"Lords?"

"The Greyjoys."

"Famed for their skills at archery, navigation and lovemaking." Theon spoke up, with a wink in Ylina's direction as the girl only scoffed and let her arrow fly, hitting the middle of the target as well and throwing her fiery red hair from over her shoulder as her eyes met his, full of playful challenge.

"And failed rebellions." Maester Luwin spoke up, as Theon huffed at him annoyed. Ylina giggled as the man grabbed another arrow and the Maester pointed at somewhere else in the map.

"Sigil - a stag, a crowned stag now that Robert's king." Bran answered easily.

"Good." Maester Luwin nodded.

"Words - 'Ours is the fury'. Lords - the Baratheons."

"Mm-hm." The Maester nodded, before pointing at another point in the map.

"The Westerlands." Bran said, as Ylina shot another arrow. "Sigil - a lion. Words - 'A Lannister always pays his debts'."

"No. A common saying, but not their official motto." Maester Luwin corrected.

"Lords - the Lannisters."

When Bran ignored the Maester, Ylina turned around from looking at the targets in front of her to look at her brother instead.

"We're still on their words." Maester Luwin insisted. Ylina noticed how Bran kept playing with the fish pin in his hands and markin the wooden table to avoid looking at anyone.

"I don't know them." He mumbled, clearly annoyed.

"You do know them. Think."

"Unbowed, unbent, unbroken."

"That's House Martell."

"Righteous in wrath."

"House Hornwood."

"Family, duty, honor."

"Those are Tully words - your mother's." The Maester said, before sighing lowly. "Are we playing a game?"

"Family, duty, honor." Bran repeated, as Ylina watched him closely. "Is that the right order?"

"You know it is." The Maester nodded.

"Family comes first?"

At that, Maester Luwin lifted his eyes just slightly to meet Ylina's. When the girl sighed, unsure of what to say, he spoke up.

"Your mother had to leave Winterfell to protect the family."

"How can she protect the family if she's not with her family?" Bran countered.

"Your mother sat by your bed for three weeks while you slept."

"And then she left!"

"When you were born, I was the one who pulled you from your mother." Maester Luwin said. As Theon nudged her slightly, Ylina's eyes left Bran for a second, only to shoot another arrow. "I placed you in her arms. From that moment until the moment she dies, she will love you. Absolutely. Fiercely."