No place for men

"You alright, Rick?" Ylina asked as the younger boy nodded, sat in a stone a few meters away from where she, Osha and Hodor set up yet another tent so they could spend the night.

He had been playing with Embar the whole time, making funny faces down at him as the baby chuckled up at him from his basket in return. Osha had asked her if it didn't worry her that a boy no older than seven was taking care of her baby but she didn't mind. Rickon was energetic and, somewhat clumsy, but he was still careful and he loved baby Embar. Besides, Daria, Shaggydog and Summer were circling them both. Nothing too bad would happen to either of the children.

"What's he going on about?" Osha spat suddenly, causing Ylina to follow her glare, only to set her eyes on Bran and Jojen as they talked to each other. "And how come he gets to sit and chat while we do all the work?"

"Hodor." Came the sweet giant's response, as expected.

"Pretty Lady?" She asked, turning to Ylina.

"Nothing too bad, I expect." She shrugged, as Osha scoffed. "Besides, Bran is almost twelve now. He knows how to take care of himself."

It probably wasn't the best answer she could have given, however, since it was in that moment that Osha got back up in her feet and walked up to the pair.

"What are you telling him?" She asked.

"It's alright, Osha." Bran said, lowly, as Ylina moved to stand beside the wildling woman.

"It's not alright." She protested. "You think I can't hear you every day? Filling his head with black magic... Talking about visions and three-eyed ravens and words..."

At each accusation, Jojen sighed, but never once did he raise his voice. He did raise his eyes, however, and when they met Ylina's, the girl frowned, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She did trust the Reeds, she had learned how to a few days before, but that didn't mean she had to believe in everything Jojen said. Sometimes she caught herself wondering if she should just let herself believe in the boy's words. More often than not, however, she realized she still doubted his every word.

"Leave him alone." Meera bit back at the woman.

"He can speak for himself." Osha said, glaring at the young lady.

"I don't fill his head with anything." Jojen explained.

"So what do you talk about?" Ylina asked, far more controlled than her friend was. "And don't tell me about a raven or some warging shit, I can hear that. I want to know why you keep insisting on it."

"We just discuss what's happening to him and what that means." The boy answered.

Osha scoffed, but as Ylina looked at Bran, she saw him slightly nodding at her.

"Go on then." The older woman insisted. "Tell us what it means."

"It's not like that." Jojen clarified. Osha rolled her eyes as Ylina sat down in a rock, before Daria, Rickon and Shaggydog all moved toward her. Rickon placed Embar's basket beside his sister carefully and she picked up her younger brother in her lap as the two direwolves stood proudly beside her. "I wish I could tell him all the answers. It'd be much easier."

"I don't want you talking to him anymore until we get to your brother at Castle Black." Osha said, as she walked away from Bran.

"We're not going to Castle Black." Jojen spoke up.

"What did you say?" Osha asked, stopping dead in her tracks and turning to glare at him.

"I told you already. Jon Snow isn't there. Bran needs to find the Raven beyond the wall."