The pack

Ylina ignored Theon's call of her name as she walked out of the door of the dining room and closed it behind her. She wanted to cry, she wanted to yell, she wanted to break down and properly let out all her emotions for a while. She couldn't do it yet, however. Not in the middle of the castle in front of so many strange people, not in front of that stupid guard Theon had designated for her.

"My princess." Said guard called, walking after her as the girl picked up the ends of her dress and started to walk through the familiar halls of the castle, her high heeled boots echoing around her as she went. "My princess, you shouldn't."

"I am going to the Godswood." She said, looking down when she heard the pitter patter of Daria's paws as she walked beside Ylina.

"I will accompany you, my princess." The man said, as Ylina scoffed.

"I am going to the Godswood to pray. Can I have a moment of devotion to my own gods or have my beloved husband decided I am to follow his own religion now?"

"Prince Theon just wishes you to be safe, my princess." The guard argued. Again, it was clear he was annoyed by her attitude, but he couldn't raise his voice at her. Not while she was under the protection of Theon Greyjoy himself. "He told me to not let you out of my watch."

"And I am telling you to do so."

"I cannot."

"But you will." She said. "Because I told you to."

"My princess..."

"You are to stay here. And you will obey me, or I will make you."

And just as she finished her sentence, Daria stopped walking, turning around to face the man and baring her teeth at him. The man hesitated when the direwolf growled. He was tall, there was no denying it. Taller than Theon, easily, but Daria wasn't a pup anymore. Now, she was a full grown direwolf, which meant her head reached the height of Ylina's chest when she was standing in her four paws. If, as a younger and smaller wolf she was already intimidating, Ylina couldn't blame other people when they faltered at one of her threats.

"I should wait for you at the entrance of the castle, at least, my princess." The man said.

"Yes, then so be it." She nodded, before placing a hand over Daria's back as the wolf quickly turned back around and followed Ylina.

As soon as they were out of the castle, with the guard being left far behind, Ylina ran into the Godswood, making her way toward the heart tree almost automatically, having walked that same path and passing through those same trees so many times before. As soon as she reached the big tree in the middle of the woods with an old face craved to it, she allowed herself to crumble, falling to her knees as she allowed her body to fall forward, only being supported by both of her hands, flat on the ground as she sobbed and shook alone amongst the trees.

"I'm sorry..." She found herself repeating over and over again under her breath. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

She wasn't sure who she was apologizing to. Maybe to the gods. Surely she had done something terribly cruel without even noticing for her to have been punished like that. Maybe to Bran and Rickon, her young brothers, who deserved a normal and happy childhood that she couldn't provide now that she lost everything they ever held dear. Maybe to Sansa and Arya, for the home they would never be able to return to even if the war was won. Maybe to her Father, for bringing such shame to their family and their name. Maybe to Robb, for losing control over the one thing he gave her before leaving.

No, she definitely should be apologizing to Robb. She had one small job and she failed. She failed herself, her people and her brother. And now, as soon as word got to them that Winterfell was no longer under the control of the Starks, Robb would lose credit with his men. Credit he needed if he wanted them all to still fight for him.