The Grey Wolf

As Ramsay rode in his black horse beside Ylina in her slightly smaller white one, he couldn't lie. He did understand. He finally understood all the stories. Ylina was small for her age. Sure she had the body of a grown woman, but she probably didn't reach past his shoulders standing beside him. Additionally, the freckles in her face gave her a somewhat childish look to her features. If she tried, Ramsay was sure she could easily pass as a low-born girl from the Riverlands no older than 14. She could pass as a girl from the Riverlands, after all, she did have her mother's red hair and porcelain skin, but she was also a Northerner and, even if at first glance, one might think differently, her features didn't leave much space for doubts. She had the strong traces of her Father. Evident cheek bones, straight nose, lips on the thinner side and sharp eyes. Her eyes, another feature that gave away her heritage and became the main focus of many of the stories that surrounded Ned Stark's first-born girl: the famous grey eyes, with intensity and purity to match only those of Lyanna Stark herself. Many people whispered rumors about Ylina's eyes. Some said that, if she focused enough, she could turn men to stone with nothing more than a glance in their direction. Others swore they had once seen a fire burn behind them, so bright it almost blinded a whole room. Ramsay knew it was all a lie, stories meant to impress high lords and scare the children not to cross a lady, but, in any case, he couldn't deny what was right in front of him: Ylina Stark was definitely a perfect mixture of the two Houses that shared her blood, kissed by fire with her Tully hair, but with ice running through her veins as every other Stark before her.

"Is rather impolite to stare, you know, my lord?" Ylina smirked, her eyes staring straight ahead of her, in the grey flag her bannerman was carrying while riding a horse a few feet ahead of her.

"Forgive me, my lady. It's just... The name finally makes sense to me." Ramsay shrugged, his own eyes falling on his own bannerman beside Ylina's.

"The name?" The girl frowned sparing the man beside her a glance. "Which name?"

"Do you not know what people say about you, my lady?"

"What do they say about me, my lord?"

"People have been calling you the Grey Wolf." He said, causing Ylina to stare at him with a raised eyebrow. "I've asked the ladies in the Dreadfort why would that be and they told me different stories, you see? Some said it was because of your famous eyes. Some said it was simply because of the colors of your House that you have been representing in Winterfell since King Robb left. Others swore it was because of the clothes you usually choose to wear and looking at it now, I could say it could definitely be because of any of those."

Ylina chuckled as she looked down at her clothing. Light grey pants and shirt with high boots of a slightly darker tone, a furred, heavy grey coat with a small train that reached the backs of her knees to protect her from the cold while still allowing her to move freely and white gloves to cover her hands. If that was the reason people have been calling her the Grey Wolf, Ylina couldn't really blame them. Sure she wore a few colored dressed while inside the castle. Lilac, blue, green... She even had a yellow one. But everytime she was out of the sheltered and warm walls of her home, Ylina was always in an attire similar to that one. Especially when out hunting.

"It blends better with the snow." She shrugged with a gentle smile. "Besides, black was never my color."

"I'm sure you could pull it off, my lady."

"Flattery won't get you anywhere, Ramsay. Not with me."

"I'm sure it won't, my lady. It was merely a comment."

"Ylina, Ramsay..." The girl reminded him to call her by the name.

When he gave her a nod and a smile, Ylina rolled her eyes.