Too much at stake

"I told you to get some sleep, Lily." Robb said, as he stepped inside his younger sister's room only to see her sitting in her bed with Daria laid beside her.

"Will Daria take my place while we're away?" Theon asked, following Robb into the room and smirking slightly as the girl gave him a tight smile through her tears.

"No one can take your place." She responded gently, getting out of the bed and walking toward the boys as Robb groaned.

"Oh, will you two please get a room?" He rolled his eyes playfully to which Ylina giggled.

"You are in our room, Robb."

At that, the three of them laughed lowly, scared of waking up Bran and Rickon.

"Sorry. I'm just used to saying that, I guess."

Ylina nodded, her eyes falling on her older brother and, as grey met blue, she felt herself crumble before launching herself at him and wrapping her arms around his neck from over his coat as she nuzzled her face on his neck. As Robb wrapped his own arms around her waist and placed his chin over her head, Theon stepped out of the room with Daria following his lead and closed the door after him to give the siblings a bit of privacy.

None of them knew how long it had been since they began their embrace but it was not like any of them cared. When Robb finally did pull away from Ylina, however, his hands instantly moved from her waist to her face as he used both of his thumbs to wipe away her tears while pressing his warm palm against her cheek.

"I love you, Ylina." He breathed out, as the girl sobbed in response. "I always have and I always will. You are my best friend and you make me prouder everyday to be able to call myself your brother."

"Robb..."

"Listen to me." He interrupted her, talking fast, knowing that, at any chance she got, his sister would try to interrupt him. "We will bring Father back. He'll rule over Winterfell again and everything will get back to normal. When he cannot rule anymore, I will take his place, with you by my side as my main counselor. That is the plan, Ylina. But that might not happen."

"No, Robb, please, I..."

"If it doesn't..." The young man continued, talking just a bit louder to let his sister know he wasn't done yet. "If it doesn't happen, you'll have to rule until Bran comes of age. Help him, take care of him. Take care of Rickon, they'll need you."

"And I need you." She cried out, clutching to his clothes just like she used to do when she was scared of something when they were kids. Unfortunately, they weren't kids anymore.

"Lily..."

"Robb, I won't make it without you."

"You will. You have to." He whispered, before placing a kiss to his sister's forehead as she cried.

"I won't have to." She said in the same tone. At that, Robb wasn't sure if she was talking to him or to herself but, either way, he knew neither of them believed it. "You will come back to me. You and Theon and Father. You'll all come back to me and everything will be fine, right?"

With a low sigh, Robb nodded with a small smile.

"Right."

"Promise?" She pleaded, her hands still clutching his coat.

Taking her hands in his, Robb used his thumbs to brush them against her palms knowing it calmed her down.

"I promise I'll do my very best." He said, as she nodded.

Ylina could feel him slipping away from her, but before he could leave, she gripped his hands thigher in hers which caused him to stop and turn around to face her.