The Reeds

A/N: By the way, I might start posting a Robb Stark fic soon, if anyone is interested. And if you've been enjoying this story, let me know. I have big plans for it, in the future!

"And when are you going to stop running around, huh?"

Rickon could tell his sister was slightly irritated, but the smile on her lips betrayed the emotions behind her eyes.

"I'm tired of waiting." He complained, still jumping around the tree Ylina was leaning against with Embar in her arms as Shaggydog followed his young Lord's lead. As Ylina tickled her son's stomach slightly, she giggled when he did as well. Bran watched her silently, laying in his cart beside her and thanked the gods they had given Ylina a baby before everything went down, because he was sure that neither him or Rickon had managed to pull out such a delightful sound from their sister's lips ever since they discovered it was Theon, of all people, who betrayed them like that and forced them out of their home.

"We're waiting for your supper, Rick." She said, her eyes never leaving Embar knowing that she shouldn't worry about Rickon while Shaggy was around. "You shouldn't be doing all that... You'll get all dirty and putting your muddy hands on your food will only make you..."

"You are starting to sound like Mother." Bran laughed slightly.

"Well, shut up, you." Ylina smiled, punching her brother lightly in his arm. "I'm just trying to stop you from coming down with some kind of weird infection."

"I know, Lina." Bran laughed, reaching over to stroke Summer as he sat at his feet. "Just taunting."

"As usual."

Bran rolled his eyes with the accusation but before he could respond, there was a crack echoing around the glade they were in. Without thinking twice, Ylina placed Embar in his basket and was up in her feet in a second, Daria in front of her and Summer close to Bran. As the girl knocked an arrow in her bow, Hodor picked up Rickon and stood behind her, standing in front of Embar just in case. It was good thing the kid was so silent because Bran was sure that if he had started crying when his mother put him aside, they would all be, most likely, dead. There was silence, but suddenly, a form appeared from behind the trees.

"I think that's far enough." She warned.

The figure stopped. However, when it started to lift what Ylina supposed was an arm, her grip in her weapon tightened. She could still feel herself shaking, but she hoped it wasn't as visible as she thought it was.

"Do not move!"

And again, the figure obeyed. Glancing quickly at Bran, she saw him already looking up at her, as if expecting her to do something. And so she did.

"Daria."

And with nothing else, the direwolf knew what to do. She growled, showing her teeth, standing protectively in front of her as Summer stood by her side.

Ylina barely had the time to wonder what was going on, before the figure came into view, revealing itself to be a boy, probably a bit older than herself. Before the unknown boy could move, he lifted his hands. Ylina's eyes moved from him to Osha, who had come back from her hunt just in time, throwing the rabbits she had caught to the ground and poking her spear against the back of the boy's neck.

"I am unarmed." The boy announced.

"Well, that was poor planning." Osha said.

"My sister carries the weapons."

And before Ylina could even react, a girl came out of the woods, pulling Osha in her grip as she placed a knife in her neck.

"I'm better with them. Drop the spear!" She said.