Lady of Winterfell

It was the first time in days that the three older children in the castle had a time for themselves and as Ylina, Robb and Theon laughed and chatted over pieces of bread and glasses of milk, it was as if they were young again. As they enjoyed themselves over a breakfast, it was almost as if they were once again the innocent children they once were, trying to eat as fast as possible so they could sneak out to train, or ride horses before Lady Catelyn would find them and take Ylina away from the boys and toward her boring classes of needlework or etiquette. They knew that wasn't the case, however. Lady Stark wasn't around, Robb was lord of Winterfell, they weren't children anymore and, certainly, none of them was in any kind of rush to leave the table. Not that morning, at least.

As Theon told Ylina and Robb one of his usual jokes that usually ended with Ylina throwing whatever was in her reach at the moment at him and Robb letting out a loud laugh at the exchange, Maester Luwin entered the room with a roll in his hands. When Ylina looked up at him, she knew he was carrying bad news so, as Robb got up from his place at the table, the girl let go of the piece of bread in her hands and watched with careful eyes as Robb opened the roll and read it.

"Treason?" He asked, after a moment of silence.

At that, Ylina frowned, and Robb passed the letter to her. As her eyes scanned the piece of paper in her hands, she couldn't help but feel her heart dropping to her stomach. Her Father? Plotting against the throne? Being held in custody while waiting judgement? And Sansa... Sansa wanted Robb to go to King's Landing and swear his loyalty to the Joffrey Baratheon, the new King? Nothing in that letter made sense, but most of all, there was no mention of Arya.

Ylina must have spent quite some time in astonished silence, because, soon enough, Robb called out her name softly causing the girl to lift her head up to look at him.

"Sansa wrote this?" He asked, as she nodded.

"It is our sister's hand, but the queen's words." She answered.

"Joffrey puts our father in chains, now he wants his arse kissed?" The boy scoffed.

"This is a royal command, my lord." Maester Luwin said. "If you should refuse to obey..."

"I won't refuse. His Grace summons me to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing." Robb interrupted the Maester, as Theon and Ylina exchanged a glance. Robb was in a difficult position in that moment and his next words would define the course of their next few months, at least. "But not alone."

At that, Ylina let out a heavy breath. It was mixture of relief and fear, something she had never felt before, but as Theon smiled up at Robb, she knew that, at the very least, he'd have his best friend's support in his decision on marching down South for their father's freedom.

"Call the banners." Robb commanded, as Maester Luwin hesitated.

"All of them, my lord?"

"They've all sworn to defend my father, have they not?" Robb countered, causing the older man to nod.

"They have."

"Now we see what their words are worth."

With a nod of his head, Maester Luwin left the room. As soon as he did, Robb sat down again beside Theon as Ylina leaned forward on the table to get just a tiny bit closer to her brother. Noticing his tense posture, she bit her lip slightly.

"Are you afraid?" She asked.

Ylina watched as Robb lifted his hand up at the height of his chest so everyone could see how shaky it was.

"I must be." He said.

"Good." Theon spoke up, as the two siblings turned to them with a frown.

"Why is that good?" Robb asked, as Theon simply smirked at him.