6

Chapter Six: The People of the Inner Palace

"Zhen heard that Xian Junwang Fei's constitution is weak. There are many Grand physicians in the palace. Zi Ling, remember to help Wang Fei's body become better." Qilong Emperor's gaze swept across Hua Xi Wan as he spoke with the concern of an elder. "Zhen is still waiting to hold grand-nephews."

"Yes, subject-nephew will remember." Yan Jin Qiu accepted.

"Empress Dowager has been talking about you these days and must be waiting impatiently now. Zhen will not keep you any longer." Qilong Emperor talked for a while longer with husband and wife, bestowed down some things, and then said for them to leave.

Ma gonggong saw the two to the doors of the palace. Looking at the backs of the pair as they left, he sighed. He had just managed a glance and did not clearly see Xian Junwang Fei's appearance, but he was at least sure the other was a beauty. She was not as the rumors said, a woman without beauty.

Just as he turned and walked to the outside of Guang Yang Hall, Ma gonggong heard the sound of objects hitting the ground. He paused in his step and then hurried into the hall to see the Emperor sweep everything on the table to the ground. The Emperor was clearly extremely angry.

The servants in the hall were all kneeling on the ground in terror. Ma gonggong instantly knelt down as well and said, "Emperor, please do not be angry."

"Do not be angry, how can zhen not be angry!" Qilong Emperor had not imagined that he had schemed for everything yet never planned for the fact that the daughter of Yi'an Marquis Fu was not a woman without beauty as in the rumors but instead a rare beauty. Even if Xian Junwang was not one to immerse himself in beauty, facing that kind of awesome beauty, he would put in a lot of effort. Then how could it cause a conflict between him and Yi'an Marquis Fu?!

Thinking about how he had given such an assistant to Yan Jin Qiu with his own hands, Qilong Emperor who was skilled in scheming felt anger burn. Looking at the timid palace attendants in the hall, he found them exceptionally displeasing to the eye. "Take all of them out and bestow ten blows with the plank."

The palace attendants did not dare to beg for mercy. After being dragged out and given ten blows, they released a breath. At least they had kept their life.

Even though Ma gonggong also received ten blows, the one carrying out the punishment knew that he was someone close with the Emperor. The Emperor had punished him now because of the Emperor's terrible mood, but Ma gonggong was still going to be used heavily by the Emperor in the future. So while the planks were held up high and the sounds of impact were loud, in reality not much force was used.

After the ten blows were finished, a junior eunuch came up to support Ma gonggong, and there were even those that came with tea and water. Ma gonggong's behind was wounded, so he did not dare sit. The eunuch supported him as he leaned against the pillar and drank tea. After a bowl of tea went into his stomach, Ma gonggong finally caught his breath. He could not endure as much as those young eunuchs. After toiling for so many years in the palace, his body was weak and supported right now by good medicine.

"All right, put more thought in when you are serving the Emperor." Ma gonggong accepted the favor from these people that were trying to make a good impression and reminded tonelessly. He did not say anything else.

Everyone present was a servant of the Emperor and extremely clever. They naturally heard that Ma gonggong was implying that the Emperor was not in a good mood and would not be in the near future. They were smart and did not inquire further. As they carefully saw Ma gonggong back to his residence, their hearts were in the air.