62

Chapter Sixty-Two: Chu Yu

While theirs mothers did not have a very good relationship, nevertheless Hua Xi Wan and Hua Chu Yu, as di daughters of the Hua Family, had been together many times during their childhood. They had a deep sisterly relationship. So Hua Xi Wan quickly realized that Hua Chu Yu did not seem to feel much anticipation about the marriage to the shizi of He Wen Marquis. Rather than say she was being smart, it would be more accurate to say that she seemed resigned.

The people present were those who were close to the Hua Family, but some things were not appropriate to say in public. After Yan Jin Qiu and the other men went with her father to the study, Hua Xi Wan said with a smile, "It has been long since I returned to the fu. Is Second Tan Jie willing to accompany me on a walk in the fu?"

Such a cold day with the snow blowing—what reason was there to walk?

Everyone present knew this meant that the two girls had private things to say. Perceptively, they did not break the illusion. Lu shi said with a smile, "The yard has been changed recently. You sisters can go see. But it is snowing outside, so take care not to get cold."

Hua Xi Wan smiled and allowed Bai Xia to help her into her fox fur cape. She held a handstove and walked out of the inner hall with Hua Chu Yu.

Almost all of the younger generation had left, and those present had children, so they changed the topic to daily matters. But because Hua Yi Liu was present, no one mentioned how to raise their children to avoid reminding the other of hurtful matters.

"Wang Fei has a good relationship with the second miss of our family." Yao shi was a person who was slightly selfish. However, when she saw Hua Xi Wan's closeness in treating her daughter, she said with a smile, "In the past, the two of them always liked to stay together. Now that Third Miss has become Wang Fei, the two still seem like in the past."

"That is so true. In the past, Third Girl had to be on bed rest for a long period of time after she rescued Second Miss from drowning, and then ended up with this vulnerability to the cold. It has finally faded these past two years. Can average people compare to this relationship?" The reason why Lu shi was at odds with Yao shi was primarily because of this matter. She had felt pained at what occurred when her daughter rescued the child of the third master Hua, but she would not blame the child. But what Yao shi had done in the past was just repaying a boon with hate.

Yao shi was definitely one of the people who had spread rumors in the past about Hua Xi Wan. Even Zhang shi had done a lot in the shadows. She really did not know what her two sisters-in-law intended when they did this. They also had daughters—could they not put themselves in someone else's shoes?

If it wasn't for the actions of Eldest Miss and Second Miss' mothers, Lu shi had a high opinion of Second Miss. Eldest Miss had talent and beauty, but her personality was not steady. She was not as vicious as required and not as kind as needed. She did not have enough breadth of mind and skill. As a woman, one could not have beauty, or the best figure, but what they required was a presence of mind.

Second Miss had this mother who was slightly muddle-headed, but Yao shi was truly good to her daughter. Second Miss also inherited the personality of Third Master Hua: she had both talent and appearance as well as a clear mind. This was a rare good girl.

If the women in the world could become officials like men, how many wondrous and mythical women would appear in the world? It was a pity that no matter how talented the women of the world were, they could only submit to residing in the inner compound, their spirits ground down by the daily affairs. If they married a man who was of good virtue and conduct, that was good fortune. But if it was like Eldest Miss... Lu shi sighed. Regardless of what the court situation was like, she only hoped that Second Miss would not end up like Eldest Miss and encounter a beast in clothing.