66

Chapter Sixty-Six: Life and Death

"You are still angry." Yan Jin Qiu put a steaming bowl of soup in front of Hua Xi Wan and said with a warm smile, "The pigeon soup you like so much; it has been simmering on the fire for a long time. Taste it—it is very good."

Hua Xi Wan glanced at him and silently drank. After she finished, she wiped the corner of her mouth and said with an arched eyebrow, "They say that Wang Ye is an elegant scholar. I think that Wang Ye is a very strong and large man." She rubbed her waist and snorted.

"In front of others, I'm naturally a gentleman, but in front of Xi Wan, this gentleman will change into..." Yan Jin Qiu whispered by her ear, "... a hungry pervert."

"Wang Ye, do those women in Jing who are in love with you know that you are not very proper?" Hua Xi Wan threw her handkerchief onto his hand and then stood. "Out of consideration for Wang Ye's conduct, I should stay further away from Wang Ye."

Knowing that he had gone overboard last night and in the morning, Yan Jin Qiu was not angry at being glared a few times by his beautiful wang fei. He went forward with a smile and allowed Hua Xi Wan to continue mocking him. When Hua Xi Wan's anger eased slightly, he finally went forward and said, "Do not be angry, do not be angry. Didn't you want to see the face changing act from the Shu Region? A few days ago, I had Mu Tong invite to the fu the best Shu Region company in Jing—how about I accompany you to see them change faces?"

Hua Xi Wan looked at the snow floating outside. She thought and then said, "No, let's wait until the snow has stopped. Have them practice in the fu. If they are performing in the cold wind and snow, they will freeze on the stage."

"Xi Wan is so kind, it really is my good fortune."

Hearing this, Hua Xi Wan said with a smile at the corner of her lips, "It has nothing to do with kindness. I just do not like unrelated people enduring hardship for these insignificant matters. The common saying is that if people do not offend me, I will not offend them. If people offend me, I will make them pay."

"This is true." Yan Jin Qiu showed a slightly sincere smile on his face as his hands went around her waist. He said with a light laugh, "Xi Wan and I are born to be a pair, and no one can compare."

Hua Xi Wan smiled but did not speak. In terms of personality, both she and Yan Jin Qiu were not kind people, but she usually was one who did not move unless the enemy moved. Yan Jin Qiu was more vicious. If the enemy did not move, he would force the other to move. However, it would be humorous to call them a heavenly match. The two of them were both people who loved themselves more. How could they love other people without any hesitation?

In her previous life, she had walked among the entertainment circles and seen many people getting together and then splitting apart. Those loves that started with true love would end with separation. Divorce, cheating, patronage—these were things that were frequently seen in the circle. That was also among the artists who had some fame, and not even in this era when it was legal for men to take concubines.

"I know that you do not believe me." Yan Jin Qiu's warm breath was against Hua Xi Wan's neck. "But it does not matter. We will have a long time together."

Hua Xi Wan lowered her eyes and the corners of her mouth curled.

The news that Lin Ping Junzhu and Xian Wang Fu had parted ways quickly spread through Jing. The people whom Lin Ping Junzhu had offended in the past had originally been wary of Xian Wang Fu's power and did not dare to act. After hearing the news, some of the womenfolk could not maintain their composure and started to gossip behind her back.