30

Chapter Thirty: Peaceful Relations

It was two days later when Yan Jin Qiu stepped into the inner compound. At this time, the sunshine was perfect. He stood in the shadows as he watched Hua Xi Wan listen to the performance of a vocal mimicry performer. After his expression changed a few times, he still stood where he was and did not go forward.

What the vocal mimicry performer was performing was the "Hundred Birds Paying Respects to the Phoenix." There were all kinds of bird sounds, and even the sound of wind in the valley was nimble and realistic. There were also the sounds of water flowing in the mountains, the sound of fish leaping out of the water. When Hua Xi Wan closed her eyes, she seemed to see a paradise.

There were too many skills in the ancient era that were lost in the river of time. In the modern era, she had always been exceptionally respectful of all kinds of old experts. Because acting was a hard job, she rarely went to watch these performances. Now that she had such a good chance, how could she bear to miss the performance of someone who had over fifty years of experience in vocal mimicry? After he finished performing, Hua Xi Wan had a servant bring him a bowl of water to moisten his throat. Only when he finished drinking did she say, "Old Mister, your skill is really good, as expected of a vocal mimicry prestigious family."

Hearing this, the old person was startled by the praise. "It is this old man's good fortune for eight lifetimes to be able to receive praise from Junwang Fei." He was someone who sold his talents. If it was said nicely, his was called a vocal mimicry prestigious family, but in reality, they were the lowest of the low who were eking out a survival. He usually encountered many rolls of the eyes and never imagined that he would have a chance to perform in front of Junwang Fei and have her call him "Mister."

"Old Mister, do not be too humble," Hua Xi Wan said with a smile. "Your performance is so realistic—not everyone can do this. If Old Mister does not disdain the junwang fu for being so crude, please come frequently to the junwang fu to perform."

Hearing this, the old person was overjoyed. He hurriedly bowed and said, "Junwang Fei likes to hear this, it is this old man's good fortune to come to the junwang fu to perform and he doesn't dare to disdain it."

A taijian came forward to help the old person up. Bai Xia gave the old man another pouch that was filled with some silver." Since Old Mister does not disdain this, then please come frequently to the junwang fu to perform. Our junwang fei likes things like this." The old man weighed in his hand the pouch that was substantial. After bowing and thanking Hua Xi Wan and Bai Xia, he followed a manservant out of the yard. When he reached the corridor, he saw the manservant leading him kneel down. He didn't dare to raise his head and guessed there was a noble personage in front of him, so he followed in kneeling.

"Stand up. Since Junwang Fei likes this old mister's performance, remember to take care to send him back."

The old person could hear that this voice was extremely young. When he was standing up, he saw a man dressed in grand white robes standing in the shadows. He was old, but his eyesight was still good. With just a peek, he felt this young man was unspeakably handsome. After going to so many places in these years, he had never seen such a good-looking young person.

When the old performer followed the young servant out of the compound, the young servant said with a smile, "Old Mister, you really have good luck. Just now, the one who spoke is our junwang ye. You will have good fortune in the future."

"Junwang Ye?" The old man looked with shock at the young manservant. After seeing him nod in certainty, he trembled and said, "Heavens, I really had good luck today." Finishing, he took out a piece of silver from the pouch to give to the young servant. But after the young servant would not accept it no matter what, he could only put it away.