106

Chapter One Hundred and Six: The Dust Has Settled

The period of the fourth night watch, between one and three in the morning, was when people were at their most tired. However, none in Xian Wang Fu dared to sleep. Regardless of their gender, they all held blades or sticks as they looked nervously at the gate of the wang fu, afraid that the rebels outside would charge in.

"Wang Fei, a servant girl wanted to escape from the back door, but we caught her." Two servant women grabbed a female who was dressed like a servant girl. Their faces were full of anger and hate. At such an important time, this person wanted to run away. If the rebels took the opportunity to enter the wang fu, what to do then?

Bai Xia looked at the person being held by the servant women and said in a small voice to Hua Xi Wan, "Wang Fei, it is Yuan Shu Yi."

"Take her away." Hua Xi Wan was slightly irritated. She didn't care what Yuan Shu Yi had planned, and at this time, she was not in the mood to talk to the other. "Have someone keep a watch on her and not let her walk around."

She looked at the moon in the sky. She could feel that the rebels outside the wang fu were losing their patience. Her heart tightened slightly. She did not know what Yan Jin Qiu had arranged before he entered the palace. However, rather than putting her hopes on other people, it was better to be prepared herself.

"Archers, prepare!" She raised her hand. "Throwers, to your positions."

The rebels outside Xian Wang Fu had become impatient a long time ago. If it wasn't for the leader being hesitant, they would not have waited for so long. Now, they finally could not wait any longer. A team captain went forward and said, "Commander, this soldier is willing to lead the troops."

The rebel commander looked at Xian Wang Fu which had been quiet for a long time and finally nodded.

Just after he nodded, sound ruptured the air. The team captain kneeling in front of his horse suddenly fell down. There was a shiny arrow stuck in his chest.

Before the rebel commander could react, he found countless flaming arrows shoot out of Xian Wang Fu. Even more frightening were the sparking jars. When these jars landed, fire shot out and could not be extinguished.

Was it wine that was burning?

At this time, the rebel commander did not have the presence of mind to think about what kind of wine could make fire like this. He watched as his subordinates panicked because of the fire and moved out of their ranks, and his heart jumped.

How many archers were in Xian Wang Fu?

While a qinwang fu could possess some weapons according to its status, this was still limited. But had Xian Wang Fu complied by the rules?

When he thought of how his master was only a junwang but had hidden some good things in secret, he felt even more uncertain. This Xian Wang Fu would not be an easy one to take down.

Just as he was hesitating, he found a personal guard troop suddenly come out of the alley and starting to kill people. They were shouting loudly about killing rebels and protecting the Emperor. While they were not many in number, it caused his subordinates who had already started to panic to become even more disorganized.

This was...

These were the personal guards of Ning Wang? Wasn't Ning Wang usually a cunning and selfish person? How come he dared to stand out at this time?

The rebel commander was still unable to think through this matter when he saw another troop appear. This time, it was the personal guards from Xu Wang Fu.