86

Chapter Eighty-Six: Warning

An official was excitedly criticizing the Chief Justice of the Judicial Office during court. He accused the other of dozens of crimes, then presented his proof. It was as though if he could not get this person, he would not rest.

The other officials had strange expressions. Everyone knew that the Chief Justice of the Judicial Office was on good terms with Sheng Junwang and respected him very much. This person who was criticizing the Chief Justice right now was undoubtedly putting himself at odds with Sheng Junwang.

A minor imperial censor dared to do something like this. Who gave him the courage? Or rather... who was the person behind him?

The Emperor, as expected, did not let this opportunity pass. He immediately stripped the Chief Justice of the Judicial Office of his role, and arrested him to wait for his sentence.

Almost everyone understood this was a signal—the Emperor was going to move against Sheng Junwang! There were many parties in the court. One was strictly monarchist. They would do what the Emperor said. One was for the Imperial Family. They felt that if the Emperor did not have a son, then he should adopt one of his nephews as heir. Most of this part supported Sheng Junwang. There was also a neutral party. They would only recognize those who would be of benefit to them rather than follow a party.

In the view of the neutral party, the Emperor's decision would not be right, and Sheng Junwang might not be the best choice. They did not have to be in a hurry to pick sides in case they offended the person who did become the next emperor. They would rather not have the merit of helping someone onto the throne rather than become an eyesore in the eyes of the next emperor.

Qilong Emperor's attitude was too determined. The party that supported Sheng Junwang wasn't even able to beg for mercy as they watched the imperial guards drag the Chief Justice away.

"Zhen thinks that Zhang Hou is not a bad person. He will temporarily take the position of Chief Justice." The Emperor, to show his fairness, deliberately picked the Junior Justice Zhang Hou who had displeased him to become the Chief Justice.

The officials were surprised. Wasn't this Zhang Hou who had enraged the Emperor over his investigation in the case of the Crown Prince? Why was the Emperor so generous to promote him? They had thought that he would hate this official.

Of course, Qilong Emperor was not a generous person. He promoted Zhang Hou for everyone to see. He wanted the public to know that he would use even a person like Zhang Hou. Therefore, his demoting people now was not done out of selfish intent, but because they had committed great crimes.

In the end, he was just finding an excuse to cover it up.

Yan Jin Qiu lowered his head and stood as if all of this had nothing to do with him. In the eyes of other people, Xian Wang was as expected, someone truly detached from these matters. It had to be said that if Sheng Junwang lost power, then the possibility of Xian Wang ascending the throne would become even greater.

It was a pity that this person was one who did not like power. It was a waste of his talent.

Everyone thought that the imperial censor who had criticized the Chief Justice had been arranged by the Emperor. Even Yan Bo Yi thought this. After the court session ended, he looked coldly at the imperial censor and turned to leave.

"Sheng Junwang." Ning Wang walked in front of him with a smile and said emotionally, "People nowadays are really daring, don't you think?"

"Ning Wang has said that your health hasn't been good recently. If that's the case, then do not meddle in matters not concerning you, and rest at home." Sheng Junwang raised his hands coldly. "This one will go first. Farewell."