12

Chapter Twelve: Breathtaking

"Junzhu, be careful of your step." Min Huai stepped off the carriage with the help of a servant girl. Hearing the reminder from the servant girl, she stopped and looked at the outside of the palace.

"Junzhu, Princess Rui He's carriage is up front," the servant holding her hand reminded in a light voice.

Pressing her lips together as she took her gaze away, Min Huai Junzhu forced a smile. She picked up her skirts and walked in the direction of Princess Rui He. When she was three paces away from the princess, she curtsied. "Greetings to Princess."

"We are sisters, why be so courteous?" After Min Hua finished bowing, Princess Rui He came forward and clasped Min Huai Junzhu's hand. She swept a gaze around and her brow furrowed slightly. "Where is Aunt?"

Min Huai Junzhu's smile faded slightly. "Mother's body has not been well these days. To avoid offending the noble ones, she has let this subject come to the Emperor to give birthday greetings." Her mother was siblings with the Emperor, but they were not of the same mother. Additionally, her father was average and not in the Emperor's favor, so even though Min Huai Junzhu was the daughter of a princess, she wasn't one of the top personages in this Jing that was filled with many people of high status. In front of Princess Rui He, the Emperor's only daughter, she was even more careful and attentive, in fear that she would offend the princess and create a calamity for her Yuan Family.

Hearing this, Princess Rui He showed some concern. After comforting Min Huai Junzhu with a few words, they headed towards Zhao Yang Hall, with the two of them walking at staggered positions.

Min Huai Junzhu said seemingly unintentionally after walking a while, "Your Highness Princess, have you heard the recent rumors of Xian Junwang Fei?"

"What about her?" Princess Rui He looked dryly as her steps slowed. "Did you hear some chatter?"

"It is not anything major. Some people are saying that Xian Junwang and Junwang Fei are deeply in love. Junwang Fei is different than the rumors say and is a rare beauty." When Min Huai Junzhu said this, she lowered her voice and looked around. Seeing that Princess Rui He was still looking neutrally at her, she continued. "Some are even saying that Xian Junwang fell in love with Junwang Fei at first sight. He takes the utmost care of her, and they are a match made in heaven."

"A new marriage, it is fresh." Princess Rui He smiled as she touched her earring. "As to whether Junwang Fei is the most beautiful in the world, we'll know after seeing her tonight." The smile at her lips was slightly cold. She turned to look at the palace doors and coincidentally saw a carriage stop at the gates. The servants beside it seemed to be from Sheng Junwang Fu.

Min Huai Junzhu's expression changed slightly. "The most beautiful in the world" appeared to be a compliment, but for noble females, this was not a good phrase and was more suited for those females in the slums. Even though she knew that these words were inappropriate, she felt a certain pleasure deep inside. If there weren't so many people in the surroundings, maybe she would not control her expression and would show a smile.

Princess Rui He didn't have any good feelings about the people of Xian Junwang Fu and had even more dislike for the people of Sheng Junwang Fu. The former had a great reputation in Jing, but that was because of his appearance and talents. The latter was someone she was wary of because of his abilities in the court.

Sheng Junwang was not as outstanding in appearance as Xian Junwang, but his literary and martial abilities were outstanding. This contrast caused the already average Crown Prince to look even worse. Sometimes, it would cause people to only remember the abilities of Sheng Junwang and to forget that the Crown Prince was the next emperor.