58

Chapter Fifty-Eight: End of The Matter

Hearing that Xian Wang had come, Assistant Minister Zhou was first shocked and then felt that this was to be expected. With Xian Wang Fei present, it was not strange that Xian Wang Ye would make a trip.

It was just as the people of the Zhou Family expected. After Xian Wang was welcomed in, he exchanged greetings with his brother-in-laws and his cousin-in-law before sitting together with Xian Wang Fei. Their hands were together and he would occasionally bend down to speak to Xian Wang Fei.

"What is going on?" Yan Jin Qiu smiled thinly at Zhou Yun Heng who was kneeling on the ground. He then turned and said to Assistant Minister Zhou, "Assistant Minister Zhou, what great crime has this noble master committed?"

Assistant Minister Zhou did not dare to state it. A moment later he said, "This lowly official was not good at teaching the son, and feels great guilt."

"Assistant Minister Zhou is of good conduct and a rare good official; there is no guilt to speak of." Yan Jin Qiu looked at Zhou Yun Heng who was kneeling obstinately on the ground. "However, this young master of yours really has been absurd in conduct. The news that he has favored the concubine and neglected the wife, causing his wife to miscarry, has spread through Jing. Tell me, how will this matter be resolved?"

Assistant Minister Zhou felt helpless and guilty. He said to Hua Qing Mao and Hua Chang Bao, "This lowly official will teach this prodigal son. I will have people send away all the concubines in the fu. Please..."

"I do not think that it is necessary. Otherwise, in the future, it will become that the daughters of my Hua Family have no tolerance." Hua Qin Mao put down the teacup heavily and then pressed, "My sister has no fate with your son. Our Zhou and Hua families have had a friendship for so many years, but we need to part amicably. Please, agree to my sister divorcing from your son, and at least, save some face for when we meet in the future."

The words were slightly threatening. If the Zhou Family was not willing to have a divorce, then the Hua Family would not rest. But the Zhou Family really did not want to divorce. If there was no divorce, the Hua Family would be constrained in their actions because Hua Yi Liu was still at the Zhou Family. If Hua Yi Liu left the Zhou Family, then the Zhou Family would not have anything to rely on.

"If Assistant Minister Zhou wants to make this matter a dispute, then we can only meet in the court of the Jing Administrator. I think that a divorce is possible." Hua Chang Bao had seen what the Zhou Family was thinking, so when Assistant Minister Zhou hesitated, he threw out, "My Hua Family is not an able one, but for our misses, we are willing to go through some trouble."

Hua Chang Bao who was the eldest of this generation of the Hua Family had spoken. This meant that the Hua Family was already very discontent about this matter. Assistant Minister Zhou also knew that the matter had passed. Unless his daughter-in-law was unwilling, a divorce was certain.

"Young Mistress has arrived."

Assistant Minister Zhou was joyful. When he turned and saw his daughter-in-law whom he had not seen for many days walk in, she was extremely thin, as though she would fall with a gust of wind. His brow creased. How had his furen abused this daughter-in-law—why hadn't she thought of this daughter-in-law's status?

"Bam!" The teacup was smashed onto the ground and shattered. Hua Qing Mao stood from the chair. Pointing at Zhou Yun Heng on the ground, he said, "Your Zhou Family is outrageous!"

The concubine kneeling on the floor shuddered. She wanted to get closer to Zhou Yun Heng, but she was pressed by two servants to the ground. There was also a handkerchief in her mouth that prevented her from speaking.