38

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Do Not Have To Worry

Princess Rui He was someone the noblewomen in Jing had to carefully respect. However, in secret, many people were happy to laugh at her. As for the reason, it was mostly because that Princess Rui He was slightly arrogant. Then, there were people who liked to see people above them in status have misfortune. This kind of mentality was not something that could be rationalized, but it was undeniable that the world never lacked for people like this.

Originally, the womenfolk had not been very interested in this kind of a gathering. But Princess Rui He had been silent for two months. Now that she had come back to life with full vigor, if they did not give face to her, they wouldn't know how Her Highness the Princess would hate them. After thinking it over, it was still better to attend.

However, their disinterested attitudes took a turn after they learned that Xian Junwang Fei was attending. The womenfolk liked to gossip. This was not something to be disdained. It was just because there was only so much happening in the inner compound. What they could talk about was how this family had how many children, or how that family had someone favoring a concubine. Now, the victim of the matter that had been in the public eye recently was going to appear. This was a hard to come by excitement.

The one who injured Xian Junwang Fei was the Imperial Brother-in-law. That was the maternal clan of Princess Rui He. The wife of the man was also going to attend the gathering. When the wife of the culprit and the victim met, wouldn't this be a great show?

No matter how these women thought, when they arrived at the princess' fu, all of them looked dignified. They complimented each other with smiles on their faces. Even the wife of the Imperial Brother-in-law who had been demoted two ranks did not get the cold treatment. The women of prestigious families were best at these handkerchief relationships. On the surface, it was not possible to see who liked whom, or who and who were on bad terms.

The Imperial Brother-in-law's furen, Lin shi, felt slightly ashamed, but after some conversation, she relaxed slightly. However, her good mood did not continue for long because a taijian came from the outside to report the carriages of Sheng Junwang Fei and Xian Junwang Fei had arrived.

Lin shi's smile instantly became slightly awkward. As a woman, she naturally knew how important the appearance of a woman was. This time, Xian Junwang Fei had been injured on her face. It would be all right if that did not leave a scar, but if it did leave one, how could she feel reassured? She hated how helpless she was. She was not favored by her husband, and was unable to persuade him in his daily actions. This had caused Xian Junwang Fei to be innocently injured.

Many womenfolk wanted to see if there was a scar on Xian Junwang Fei's face. So when Hua Xi Wan and Hou shi appeared, everyone greeted the both of them, but they looked out from the corner of their eye at Hua Xi Wan.

When they looked, they saw there was a lifelike plum blossom drawn on the forehead of Xian Junwang Fei. The pink flower and the crisp green leaves contrasted beautifully against Xian Junwang Fei's face and pale skin. However, no one was able to see if there was a scar or not.

It would not be good of them to stare at Xian Junwang Fei, so after some words, they all sat down. There were several spots between where Lin shi was sitting in the middle and Hua Xi Wan. When she saw the drawing on Hua Xi Wan's forehead, her heart jumped.

She had heard that Xian Junwang Fei had a beautiful face. Even if she did not put on makeup, she was a rare beauty. Now, she had drawn out an exceptional flower right where she was wounded. If it was not to cover her scar, why was it there?