95

Chapter Ninety-Five: Impossible to Grasp

Fortune and time were the most ruthless of blades. In the past before the three cousins had married, there had been jealousy, but it had not reached such a level. She and Hua Yi Liu should have been sisters who supported each other, but now they had become two awkward people with barriers between them.

Hua Xi Wan's eyes were closed as she rested against the wall of the carriage. The carriage suddenly stopped. She frowned. This was the city suburbs. Why did the guards of the wang fu suddenly stop without any cause?

The captain of the guard who was in charge of protecting Hua Xi Wan looked at the old couple who was lying in the middle of the road and showed wariness. He waved his hand for his subordinates to guard the carriage and inspected the surroundings. There was a lot of shrubbery and trees on the two sides of the road. It would be hard to discover if people were hiding within them.

"Go and see." The guard captain had a guard who was usually the most reliable scout, but his hand was already on his sword.

When the "old couple" lying on the road saw the wang fu's people did not fall for this, they suddenly jumped up and attacked the guard walking towards them. Who knew that the guard was prepared. An arrow flew out of his sleeve and killed one of the two where they were.

"Assemble!" The guard captain heard the sounds coming from the woods around and felt that it was not good. After the shield soldiers came forward, he saw dozens of arrows heading his way. He turned back to look at the carriage that was motionless and jumped onto the front of the carriage. He blocked the door and would not let any villains go near the door of the carriage.

"Leader, the guards of Xian Wang Fu are too brave. Our attacks are not effective!"

"Attack with fire. I don't believe that a woman will not panic with so much going on. If she panics, the guards of Xian Wang Fu are useless no matter how strong they are."

A qinwang fei's carriage had the walls and roof made from steel. Normal arrows could not penetrate the carriage. But if they attacked with fire, they could force the people out of the carriage. It would not be late to act then.

Just as the guards of the wang fu thought that the attackers would retreat, some more people came out of the flora and were about to pour something onto the carriage even at the cost of their lives. Some of the guards were completely soaked and immediately detected something was wrong. This was oil?!

"Everyone careful—these people want to set fire!"

Bai Xia and Hong Ying who had come out with Hua Xi Wan changed expression and bent down to unsheathe the daggers they had hidden on their legs. They had serious expressions. At this time, Bai Xia noticed that a wang fu guard was retreating from the fight and coming closer to the carriage. Her brow creased slightly, and then she unhesitatingly kicked the guard aside. Caught off-guard, the guard fell down, and two matches dropped down.

The guard captain who was standing at the shaft of the carriage changed expression. Before he could move, Bai Xia cut that guard's throat, and the movement was so clean that the guard captain couldn't say a thing.

"Be careful. If they are not the closest and most trusted people, they cannot go near Wang Fei." Bai Xia glanced at the guard captain. She took out a handkerchief to wipe the blood off her dagger and then returned to her original spot.

My mother, what servant girls does Wang Fei have? They are too vicious! While the guard captain did not change expression, he was thoughtful inside.