Chapter Twelve: Cerulean Blue

Levi and I walked into a small room where a women in glasses, Erwin, and Eren were already waiting for us. I was confused how Eren got there so fast, but I didn't dwell on it. The strange women introduced herself as Hanji while holding Erens fallen tooth in her hand. 

Levi looked disgusted at the sight of her waving the tooth around and looked away.

"Come on Eren open wide! I want to see where it fell out!" Hanji exclaimed. Eren opened his mouth and she looked inside, not disgusted by the saliva at all. A surprised look spread across her face. "Your tooth- it's already grown back!" She shouted.

"It seems his regeneration powers even work when in human form" Erwin said.

I glanced quickly at Erwin, still angry that he didn't do much to try and save my friend. When we really needed one of his long speeches he let us down. Erwin took notice and frowned. 

Levi took a seat next to Eren. "I hope you understand I did what I had to do to ensure you didn't get killed" Levi said to him. "Oh uh, of course s-sir! It's fine, thank you!" 

Levi looked over to me. "Come, sit y/n" he pat the seat next to him. I gave a smile and shook my head. "No thanks, I was just about to head into the town. We have a few hours before we have to head back and besides I haven't been here in years it would be nice to get some fresh air. If that's alright with you, captain?"

"Well then I'll join you." Levi stood up and walked over to my side.

This was something I didn't expect, but I did feel better about not having to awkwardly walk around town alone. "Oh sure, sounds great." 

Erwin cleared his throat, "If it's okay, I'd like to join you two as well, Hanji was  discussing how shed like alone time with him to draw up some examinations." he said. Hanji grinned ear to ear at the idea of being able to poke and prod Eren all alone.

Levi said nothing and I shrugged. "If you want to, Commander" 

With that, the three of us made our way out of the room and out of the courthouse into the town. Women in their casual dresses were walking around with bags in their hands, and little children ran around playing with one another. It was a nice sight, watching everything seem so normal about the chaos that ensued only three days earlier. 

 "So where to?" I asked Erwin and Levi.

"We can always stop into a tavern" Erwin suggested.

"Or we can stop by the market." Levi added.

"Let's do both! We'll go wherever is closer first." We walked into a nearby tavern. It was kind of busy, mainly men filled the room, the only women that seemed to be there were the waitresses.

We sat at a table for three and ordered some drinks.

"Erwin Smith is that you?" A waitress said from across the bar. She walked over hastily, putting down her tray on top of an empty table. She was beautiful. Her brown hair was put up in a ponytail with two strands hanging from each side of her face.

"Maria." Erwin smiled. He stood up and walked to give her a hug.

"Who's she?" I mouthed to Levi.

"I don't know and I don't care" Levi replied. I rolled my eyes knowing that I should have expected him to say something like that.

"How've you been, Erwin?" She asked sweetly.

"Great, thank you" His smile was genuine and joyful as they chatted away. I never knew he was so comfortable with someone outside of the corps. Erwin, who is she to you? I wasn't sure why I was so curious, but I shook it off and looked back at Levi who was already watching me.