Chapter Fourteen: Times Like These

"it's absolutely filthy in here" Levi said, rubbing his finger underneath a table, inspecting the very little amount of dust that coated it.

"Come on, Captain we cleaned all day!" Petra whined.

"Stop complaining. I don't accept excuses. Keep cleaning. I'll be back shortly to make sure you did it right the second time around."

"Y/n." Levi said.

I stopped sweeping and looked up. "Yes, Captain?"

"Come with me." Levi grabbed the broom from my hands and threw it at Eren. I gave my friend an apologetic look and I quickly shuffled out of the room after Levi.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"To the Kitchen" Levi answered flatly.

When we entered the kitchen, I watched as Levi started pulling out pots and pans, the ones I had just put away and organized. I didn't say anything, instead internally screaming and cursing him as he completely set me back to square one.

Levi seemed to have taken noticed of my frustration. "Don't worry, I'll help you put them away after."

"How-"

 Levi cut me off. "You may not have said anything, but that pissed off expression you got on your face gave you away"

"What are you doing?" I grew annoyed and confused as he grabbed different things from random cabinets and drawers.

"Making dinner. Obviously." Levi said flatly, paying no mind to my tone.

"Wow, is Mommy Levi making us kids some food?" I teased.

Levi scowled. "Oh no, You're helping." With a small smirk, Levi shoved a large bowl aggressively into my arms.

"I thought we had cooks."

"Do you really think anyone outside of our squad would want to be around a titan shifter?" Levi asked.

"Good point" .

"Petra or Gunther usually cook, but just for tonight, you and I will." Levi pulled out some flour and eggs and placed them on the counter.

"What are we making?" I asked.

"Pasta. You said your father was a baker, yes? You should have no issue making and kneading the dough." He said, stepping off to the side for me to get to the counter. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Seriously?" I asked blankly. "You realize my dad died when I was still decently young right? I'm not even sure I remember how to do any of that."

"Just make sure it's edible. We eat simple around here, so don't feel the need to go overboard. I'll make the sauce so don't worry about that."

I washed my hands and began. I started by whisking half a tablespoon of salt with a few cups of flour, when that was done, I carefully poured the mixture onto the countertop, using my finger to create a deep well in the flour. I put four egg yolks in the center, using a fork to break them.

When the mixture was at a doughy consistency that I liked, I flattened out the dough with a rolling pin, I divided the dough into four equal and separate parts and began to use a knife to cut the pasta into long flat strands.

"You're making quite a lot." Levi said, watching me pour the noodles into a large boiling pot of water.

"Eren hasn't eaten in a few days, I thought he'd be hungry."

Levi held a bowl, mixing his Alfredo sauce. "You care about him a lot, don't you?"

"Of course I do. Our groups been inseparable since we met. I spent a lot of time with Eren."