Chapter Twenty-Five: We May Lose A Few To Save Thousands Part 3

"Attack!" Nanabas voice boomed.

As I fell, the frigid wind enveloped my entire body, a biting embrace as I descended. I quickly used my ODM gear to latch onto a titans shoulder and propel myself forward giving me the perfect opportunity to cleanly slice the nape, quickly unhooking my gear from the Titan before its large body fell to the ground.

I latched onto another titan. Using momentum and the the gas canister, I was able to shift my body to allow me to spin too fast for the titan to react, allowing me to cut off its arm in the process. I swung my blades behind my head as I approached the nape. "Gotcha."

I was able to get quite a few down, but I was running out gas quickly.

"Hot damn! You little ones should watch where you're going! Dumbasses!" Gelgar mocked, hooking himself back onto the tower wall. Nanaba and I did he same.

"I don't think you're one to talk. There's no call to be so reckless. Did you have to waste your blades?" Nanaba spat angrily up at him.

"That's just how I do things. You'd better chalk that one up as an assist." Gelgar boasted.

"Y/n you're on a role. Not too shabby. I've heard good things about you. Good to know the rumors were true." Nanaba gave me a smile and before I could respond she had unhooked herself, soon already on the earths surface going after a small titan that was crawling out from beneath a larger fallen one.

"The doors been kicked down!" Nanaba yelled out from beneath the tower. "Y/n, the four of us can handle this for now. Go help the recruits!" The blonde female ordered. Once more she used her ODM gear to get herself to the tower wall to talk to us. "There are quite a few of them still left... This may be the end for us, but by god we will keep fighting until our very last breath. Our heart and soul to the cause, right!?" Gelgar and the other captains nodded in agreement.

"Good luck Captains. If things do go to shit, I want to say now that it was an honor to call you my comrades."

Gelgar, Nanaba, Lynne, and Hennings gave me a sad smile and continued on. I used my gear to launch me back to the top of the tower where I landed on the edge of the short stone wall in front of everyone.

"Titans are in the castle. We need to get below and improvise some sort of barricade. I'm all out of gas now, but my blades still have some use. If worse comes to worse I'll be able to protect you."

"Got it!" 

 We rushed down the cold stone spiral stairs.

I tightened my grip on the blades, hastening my descent down the stairs. "I'll go see how far they've gotten in." 

"I'm coming with!" Reiner came from behind me holding a torch.

"Suit yourself."

"The rest of you find something to board up the entrance! Whatever isn't nailed down!" I ordered.

"Y/n. Reiner, wait!" We both ignored Kristas call and slowly opened the large wooden door in front of us. Together the two of us came upon another spiral staircase, as we looked at the ground and the surrounding area we noticed it was completely empty and silent with the exception of the noises from Reiner and I. There was no sign of a Titan being in the room with us.

"Are they even in the tower?" Reiner asked, his eyebrow raised.

"I'm not sure." We both walked down the staircase cautiously, only to find another large wooden door at the bottom, but the it was still barred. There was no signs of forced entry or anything like that. The problem was that we didn't know how far the Titans got into the tower or where they were. The large wooden bar wouldn't be able to hold up against a Titan.