Monster

Akane was still in her room when Naruto came home late. She got up and walked out to him and eminently noticed how distraught he was. She pushed aside her problems and walked up to him.

"what's wrong Naruto?" she asked.

He was shaking and she looked at him concerned. She rested her hand on his shoulder.

"What happened?" she said.

"Lee is in the hospital. That Gaara nearly killed him. They don't think he will be able to be a ninja anymore, I couldn't do anything, " Naruto said.

Tears brimmed his eyes and Akane pulled him to a hug holding him close.

"he will be fine. After all, he has a friend like you, " She said.

"I couldn't protect him, " Naruto chocked out.

She rubbed his back letting some of her chakra run through him to calm him. He began dozing off.

"rest for now. I'll always be here for you. So if you need help I will always be there, by your side, " She said.

She wiped his tears and he went off to bed. Once he was asleep she combed through his hair. But as she did the blood again seemed to appear on her hands. She flinched back looking down. A small voice in the back of her head.

How can you touch your brother with such stained hands? You're a monster. If he knew he would never forgive you.

Her breaths again became quick her hands shaking. She tried desperately to wipe the blood off but it wouldn't go away.

But suddenly she felt something reach out to her from naruto. It was chakra. Red chakra. Why was he doing that? She took a step forward a lightly touched Naruto and reached her chakra out. It was easier than usual and she soon stood in front of the nine-tailed fox.

"Why?" she asked.

His red eyes opened and held annoyance.

"the brat hasn't noticed but I have, " he said.

"what do you mean?" she questioned.

He just looked at me making her sigh. She leaned against the bars looking away from him and her eyes closed.

" I doubt you wanna listen to my issues, " she said.

"It's annoying you being like this, " He growled anger in his voice.

She opened her eyes looking at her hands the blood again appearing. She looked up to see in front of her three dead bodies.

"I killed three people, " She said simply. 

She brought her knees to her chest hiding her face.

" I keep seeing there faces and bodies. Keep dreaming of it. The blood won't leave my hands. I'm a monster, " She said.

She heard laughter shocking her. She looked around to see the nine-tails laughing.

"you a monster. How amusing, " He said.

"What's that suppose to mean, " She said back.

"you are the furthest thing from a monster. The fact you care this much proves it. I would know a monster when I see one. Apparently, I am one, " He growled.

She looked at him tears running down her face. The nine tails watched her. She thought she was a monster how ridiculous. She was far too kind and caring to be a monster.

"thank you, " She said.

He was taken aback by this.

"why?" he growled.

"you're the first one to listen to me. So thank you, " She said.

"whatever leave, " He snarled closing his eyes.

He expected her to leave. But instead, he felt something on his face. He opens his eyes to see her past the bars resting her head on his.

"don't listen to us, stupid humans. The only reason you are like this is because of us. If anyone is the monster it's us humans who condemned you to imprisonment and serving. We can be cruel at times. I hope one day you'll be free. But for now, I ask you to stay here. I know it's annoying but without you, my brother would die. I'm grateful that's you're still here, " She said.

She soon left and he was alone once again. But now she noticed it a lot more. He growled.

"if you knew I was the ins who killed your parents you would think of me differently, " he huffed.

He growled to himself. He didn't realise he was bothered by the thought she would one day find out.