Jiriya

I was panting sweat running down my face. The sun was setting and I was training. Naruto was at home sleeping.

As my fist ran through the air I noticed the same blood appear on my hands again. I stopped for a second closing my eyes taking a breath. Calm down.

I knew it wouldn't go away so easily but what the fox said helped. Besides, I didn't have the time to wallow in self-hate. My brother still needed me.

My eyes snapped open as I felt a familiar bloodlust. My eyes narrowed pinpointing it behind me.

"what are you doing here?" I questioned.

Sand formed in front of me and the redheaded boy appeared there. I stood there just observing. He was the one who nearly killed Lee. But for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to hate him.

We just looked at each other neither of us moving. I began walking towards him.

"what's your goal here. What do you want?" I questioned?

My eyes narrowed as my hand was engulfed by chakra and I blocked sand that came at me.

"you'll need to do better than that bit, " I said.

I could feel him become angry. I began walking away and as I passed him I stopped for a second.

" I have no reason to hate you. But if you hurt my brother in any way again then we'll have an issue, " I said.

I walked away feeling his gaze on me the whole time. But he didn't attack me. When I returned home I walked into my brother's room. I leaned down kissing his forehead and smiling.

"you're my only reason to fight, to care, to live. So don't ever leave this world. Not before me, " I said.

I took a step back a sad smile on my face. I wonder if I was as important to you as you were to me. Even if I wasn't that wouldn't matter. Because you are my whole world.

~~~~

The mysterious man Tobi sat in the distance observing Akane's interaction with the one tails jinchuriki. He was amused. She really didn't know fear. She was tough and had a very obvious weakness.

It would be hard but given the right situation and preparation, he could manipulate her to his will.

~~~~

The sun had now risen and Akane wandered through the village. She noticed her brother running around making her sigh.

I kept walking but stumbled down as I bumped into someone. I looked up irritated and was met with a weird old man. He had long white hair. Red paint under his eyes and a large grin on his face.

"seems I bumped into a beautiful woman, " He said

My eyes narrowed and I threw a kunai at him. He easily caught it.

"what yourself you old perv, " I growled.

He just laughed and I stood up dusting myself off. He threw the kunai at me and I caught it still glaring.

"thought you would want that back, " He said.

"thanks. Next time I won't miss, " I growled.

I put it away watching him carefully.

"Who are you?" I questioned.

"Jiraiya the toad sage, " He said.

I felt a sense of familiarity. But I couldn't figure out why. I was distracted when I saw a bunch of Naruto' running around. But when I looked back the man was gone. now that I think about it I didn't sense him at all. That's why I bumped into him. My eyes narrowed. I'll have to be careful.

~~~~

Jiraiya sat on a roof watching Akane. She was the spitting image of her mother. Her temper was a bit more controlled than Kushina's. But she was sharp just like her father.

He remembered when she was born. She was so little that he was scared to hold her. She's grown up so much into a strong young woman. A fiery look in her eyes.

He watched her leave and went to find the bathhouse.