11: A scroll

The dragon is asleep

"Is it just resting?"
Aren't dragons supposed to have sharp hearing. We've walked around it for a few minutes already but it showed no signs of waking up.

"A spell"

"What spell?"

"Someone put a spell on it that's why it's asleep"

"Why would that person do this?"

"I don't know why but that person's pretty powerful. More powerful than the dragon"

I nodded. To be able to put this dragon asleep, that person's pretty amazing. Dragons are very willful and prideful creatures.

"But still a black dragon? Black dragons are considered the strongest in their race. Followed by white, purple then red. Other dragons with different colors are still strong but the dragons with black, white, purple and red scales really are the strongest. You can say they're legendary"

"Then how many dragons are there left with these colors?"

"I'm not sure but as far as we remember, there are 2 red and purple dragons left. They manage the dragon race and make sure everything is in order. The red dragons govern the east and west while the purple dragons rule the south and north in the Dragon's domain."

"What about the white and black dragons?"

"The white dragon became a guardian. There was a rumor that circulated before, it said the white dragon is protecting a kingdom in the human race. Which kingdom? we don't know"

But why would the white dragon leave his race to protect the kingdom of humans? I wonder why this was never mentioned in the novel. This is a very important detail since it was a fantasy novel.

Come to think of it, the novel mainly talked about the heroine's harem and how lovely she is. I bet that half of the pages on that novel is used to describe how beautiful and how blessed the heroine is while the other half is to talk about her love life with four different boys.

That's why I said the novel sucked

"Hey! Look over there"

Mil called me and pointed at a table on the corner of the room. And there something on top of it. What's that?

"It's a scroll!" exclaimed Arrosa

"Master, read it, read it!"

I hope I have that cheat which allows me to read words that aren't even in the language that I am used to. Oh higher and superior being in the heavens, grant me this ability.

I looked at the scroll and fortunately, I have that cheat! I sighed in relief.

"To whomever is reading this it means you're the chosen one. There was once a man blessed by the demons, he was so powerful and he was praised by everyone. A lot of people admired him but the same goes for those who envied him.

That person had a contract with the black dragon who was said to be the most powerful dragon in the dragon race. That dragon was his companion. A lot of people wanted that dragon but the only way to do that is by killing the person the dragon was contracted with.

That person was me. I was the person who was said to be the most powerful human being to ever exist and I was also the person who was contracted with the black dragon. I was also the one who put him to sleep so no one would take advantage of him anymore.

I put a spell on this place and the only human who could enter is someone like me. So if you managed to enter this cave then we're the same.

You're not from this world like me

To awaken the black dragon, just touch the jewel found on his forehead. If you wake him up, he would automatically consider you as his master as you're the one who woke him up. I am already old so I don't have the same strength that I had many years ago so I couldn't protect him.

I hope you could take care of him. Always remember, don't rush.
The more power you have, the more enemies you would make.

I just have to tell you one thing.

Do not trust the god race, they're not who you think they are.

- D.G"

I just contracted with the faeries and now I would have the dragon? The benefits of a reincarnated person.

But one sentence from the whole letter stood out to me.

What does he mean by not trusting the god race?

What exactly is happening?