27: DRAGONS - Dragon Blood (2)

"You have dragon blood"

"Pardon?"
I heard that of course, but it sounded so ridiculous that I needed to hear it again.

"I said you have dragon blood!"

"I have a contract with a dragon maybe that's why you thought I had dragon blood? I think you might be mistaken"

"Are you saying that that I'm wrong? You're wrong to think that I'm wrong. If I'm right then I'm right and if I'm wrong then I'm still right. I'm always wrong, I'm never right WAIT- I mean I'm always right, I'm never wrong. Anyways, my point is I am always right. Always"

Oh god. This dragon is too self-conceited, cocky, arrogant and all other synonyms I could think of. But I've already decided that I would not be angry for the betterment of my emotional health!

"Yes, indeed. A creature as majestic as you would always be right."
I faked a smile, gotta hide the anger with a smile.

"Now that we've made that clear, let's get down to business. (A/N: to defeat the huns hya! jkjk) No matter how much you deny it, you have dragon blood. I don't know who in your family has relations with the dragons but you, human, have the blood of my race flowing in your veins. Therefore, you are more than qualified to get my inheritance."

"In addition, you being here is already a sign that you are qualified. If you didn't notice, there's a barrier in this cave and the ones who could enter are only dragons or unexpectedly, humans like you who have dragon blood. But this place is not found just by anyone. Even if you have the blood of the dragons, it doesn't mean that you can immediately find this place. So, you're really special to be able to go here."

I feel like crying. We finally have a proper conversation! We aren't just arguing or bickering. He's not pissing me off either. He's actually explaining things without complaining about me. What a development!

"Alright. I don't know who in my family has this blood but I'm willing to believe you."
I smiled at him, a genuine one this time.

"So, are you willing to receive my inheritance now?"

"It's not that I'm not willing but I actually have a contracted dragon, he's a black dragon by the way, so he's super strong. And I think he's the one who is really qualified to get your inheritance"

He looked at me and smiled.
"It's very rare to find someone who's not greedy and thinks of others before herself. But that dragon is already strong, so my inheritance won't benefit that much and probably won't make that much of a difference. But you on the other hand, is special. If you get my inheritance, it will aid you in your path to become strong and I'm sure it would also benefit the black dragon. If the master is strong then that would be the best for the contractual spirit, noh?"

I nodded. He has a point. If I don't become strong then I can't help Skiadrum if ever he faces someone stronger than him. If I can't become strong then I'd always be relying on other people to protect me. I don't want that. I don't want to fight at the back of my spirits, I want to be able to fight alongside them.

"Okay, I accept."

"It's really simple, just drop your blood on the stone tablet then stuff happens next"

"Well, what "stuff"?"

"I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know? You were the one who made this"

"Yeah, I was the one who made it but it's not like I made it to give it to myself? How do I even know what happens when you receive it, if I haven't experienced it myself? I was only the maker, not the receiver. So, I'm just gonna leave my inheritance here just to get it back?"

"Okay okay, I get it! Stop explaining"

I did as he instructed. You know that thumb-biting to draw blood in anime and manga? Yeah, I did that but I was not expecting it to hurt that much! Why does anime make it look like it's so easy???

Moving on, after I managed to draw blood, I directed my finger to the stone tablet to let my blood drop on it. The moment my blood touched the stone tablet, a force suddenly hit me which made me lose my balance. I stumbled and fell to the floor as my mind kept processing new information.

From ancient spells, combat and non-combat techniques, how to temporarily change the color of a dragon, tips on agriculture, enchantment, create minions and a lot more. But the one I like the most is summoning dragons from another realm! The higher your magical power is, the stronger your summoned dragon would be!

"Wow, this is amazing! Thank you"

"Yzed, that's my name"

"Thank you, Yzed."

He smiled at me and with that his spirit disintegrated. Like a mirror broken to a million pieces. I teared up a bit, despite us not getting along, he was really fun to talk to. If he would become your friend, he'd be the one that you would invite all the time because he's very entertaining to be with.

I wiped the remaining tears and started to compose myself. I walked out of the cave and before I could step outside, I heard someone whisper

"If you grow stronger you can summon me, you know?"

Silence.

"Give me back my tears!!!"