23: DRAGONS - Finding red and purple (1)

It's been a week and I can feel changes in my magic power. The changes are not too drastic but hey, an improvement is still an improvement, right? When I first visualized my magical powers, it was a full glass of water but now....it's a puddle! I can now do more spells but the effects aren't that great, still I'm proud of myself.

By the way I've noticed something, other people's magic can be activated through speaking, chanting, singing or drawing magical circles but mine's different.  My magic can be activated immediately! I only have to think of the spell and I could use that spell already. If this is a perk of being reincarnated then I'm really grateful. Imagine having a battle with someone and they would base their attacks on what spells you would use, but if they were up against me, they wouldn't have any idea of what I'm about to do.

But I kept that a secret for now.

"Mira, what are the changes you felt during this week?"

"I can use more spells now and I can now visualize a puddle!"

"That's g- excuse me, can you repeat what you said at the last part?"
I tilted my head. Didn't he hear me when I said it the first time?

"I can now see a puddle!"

Then he laughed at me. Not a laugh like he's mocking me but a laugh because he was amused! He's looking at me with eyes that are twinkling with mirth.

"Great, you're very great. Continue doing what you have to do. I bet you will become someone excellent in the future"

I scratched my head and blushed. I don't normally blush easily but I'm really weak when I'm being genuinely complimented. It fills my heart with warmth.

"Thank you"
I bowed at him to show my gratitude.

——

"Mira!"
That voice!

"Skiadrum! Welcome back"
I smiled at him. He already transformed to his human form so he walked towards me and patted my head.

"Yes, I'm back. I have something to discuss with all of you"

I nodded. It seems he found a better understanding about what's happening in this place. We went to the headquarters and called the attention of everyone to discuss what Skiadrum had found out.

"First, the enemies are actually at the Northern part of the island and we are currently down here in the South so there aren't many enemies roaming around which is a good thing for us"

"Second, I noticed that the enemies only guard the Northern part, sometimes they roam around the East and the West to look for other dragons who are not part of them. They capture those dragons and forcefully takes blood samples from them to experiment it"

"Third, like what you said, it's true that they have a liquid that could make you stronger but it has risks. When they finish making a bottle of that liquid, they test it out first to the captured dragons to see if it works. If it works then the dragon's color would change but if it does not, the dragon would immediately die."

"Fourth, there are other dragons who do not agree with the enemies' ways and are now hiding. I saw some of them and I tried to convince them but they were so scared to get involved so I wasn't able to bring them back. But if I have time, I would talk it out with them"

"Last thing that I would discuss with you is the location of the red and purple dragons. 2 days ago, I came across an enemy. I tried to read his memories but I was only able to see fragments of it; someone was messing with their memories, maybe trying to cover up something"

"I saw a map in his memories, it had 4 exes on it. I don't like to assume that it's where they're hidden but I have no other leads. We have no choice but to check those locations first and if they're not there, well just have to search for other clues"

Everyone nodded. We are starting from somewhere. I suspect that the red and purple dragons must atleast be in one of those locations. If not then atleast we were able to investigate what's with those locations being marked by an "x" on the map, I have feeling that it's really important else why would the "white" dragon take notice of it, right?

Right now, we are grouping ourselves into four. Each group would go to the locations Skiadrum saw in his memory.

I told you that dragons have earth magic as their main but they can also use another one, right? Fortunately, we have one dragon per group who has wind as their other element and we could communicate to each other through the wind.

I told them that if a group found the location, they should say it to us but in the opposite direction of that place so when the enemy has a wind user, he may hear it but he would get the wrong location.

So, if the correct location was the North, then we say South and vice versa. If it's at West, then we say East. The enemies may hear us but they'll go running in the opposite direction. Everyone agreed with what I said.

Saving the red and purple dragons and coming back alive now begins!