15: Another Earthquake

"W-What's happening?"

I looked at Skiadrum and was terrified. His once golden eyes is slowly turning into a red color. He was emitting a very menacing aura. I want to ask him what was wrong and I wanted him to come closer to him but I can't. My body seems to have a mind on its own, it's not moving as if knowing I shouldn't get closer to him.

He was okay a while ago, why is he suddenly acting like this?

No! I'm now his master and of all people, I am the one who should not be afraid of him. I'm the one who should trust him the most. I must be a person he could confide in.

"Master"
"Arrosa?"
"You need to calm him down, if this continues this cave would collapse"

During this moment I didn't know that if I can't calm him down, the cave wouldn't be  the only place which would collapse but also the Kingdom of Ruivell. And right now, that Kingdom is in turmoil.

At the Kingdom of Ruivell:
After the earthquake that happened awhile ago, the students at the academy were not able to fall asleep again. Those who stayed inside while the earthquake happened went outside in case of aftershocks. The heroine too went outside and searched for Sinon, Euryhus, Cleades and Xavier

"Attention students! Due to the sudden earthquake, we need to check if the school facilities have no damage so we advise everyone to return to their respective homes for tonight. We have already informed your parents about it and we prepared carriages for all of you. Keep safe"

Because of the announcement, the students heaved a sigh of relief. Truthfully, they were also afraid of going back in their dormitories and preferred to go home.

"That was really scary"
"Right? I though I was about to die"
"Hahaha that's too much"

The students were asked to form 5 lines according to their parents' rank. The first line consisted of the sons/daughters of dukes, followed by the marquess, earl, viscount and lastly baron. Of course royalties do not have to line as they are given top priority.

But before they could step in the carriage, a shocking thing happened, it's another earthquake! And it's stronger than the previous one. Once again, the students panicked and screamed. This also is true for the heroine who is dependent on her harem.

"Sinon, Euryhus, Cleades, Xavier help me aaaaa!"

This time, the four love interests heard her but only three quickly went to assist and comfort. Cleades, after seeing the heroine push his sister, no longer went to her

"Ellaine, do not fear for I am with you"
"I will protect you"
"Deep breaths, don't panic. I'm here"

She was barraged with words of comfort which she gladly accepted.

At the Castle:
"Weisslogia, why is there another earthquake? What happened to the black dragon?"
Weisslogia, the white dragon, stayed silent for a moment before he became angry.

"What did you do to her?!"
The king was confused, what was he talking about?

"What do you mean? Who is her?

"Do you know why I decided to become a guardian and protect this kingdom?"
The white dragon's golden eyes are slowly becoming a red color like what happened to the black dragon. With this change, the king was scared. He knows that the white dragon was angry but he didn't know how he had provoked him.

"Because you wanted to atone for the damage that the black dragon did to this kingdom decades ago?"

"Wrong. As prideful as we dragons are and the fact that I am one of the legendary dragons, do you really think that I will be staying in the human race to ask for your forgiveness?"

"Wha- Then why?"

"I am here because I was tasked to protect someone but I failed"
Not many people knew this but although the hero's contractual spirit was the black dragon, he was also great friends with the white dragon. So although they were not bound by a contract, the white dragon was willing to follow the orders of the hero.

Thus, the white dragon, the black dragon and the hero can speak to each other through telepathy and now Skiadrum shared the memories he saw from Mira to Weisslogia making him aware why the black dragon had sent such a strong earthquake.

Weisslogia was shocked to find out that the person he was supposed to protect was the same person who became Skiadrum's master. That's right. The person that the white dragon was referring to was Mira, the one he wanted to protect was the villainess, Mira Estelle de Lamperiere. And the reason for this? not even the black dragon knew but it is related to Mira's lineage.

Now that he knows that the person he was supposed to be protecting was not treated right in this kingdom, this made the white dragon furious.

"I will be leaving"
The king panicked.
If Weisslogia left, their kingdom would no longer be so secure

"Why? Are you dissatisfied with something? I can change it"

"It's because you didn't treat her right"

"You were talking about someone since a while ago, who are you talking about?"

"The person I was supposed to protect, you disappointed her"

"H-How? What can I do to make things right?

"Nothing. Ask your good son and his friends why they treated her that way"
The king was really panicking this time.
What did his son do to incur the wrath of the white dragon?

"Tell this to him, his friends as well as that girl who's supposedly blessed by the gods"

"?"

"They offended someone they shouldn't have offended and they will all pay"
And with that, the white dragon disappeared leaving the terrified king behind.