2: The wheels of fate are turning

A 7-year old child was waiting for her parents to pick her up at the school's waiting shed. It was already 2 hours after her classes had finished but her parents were nowhere to be seen.

Normally most of the children would already be crying if their parents were late to pick them up but Sakura was different. She did not cry because she knows her parents are so busy.

The child had nothing else to do so she got a paper inside her bag and some crayons. She then began drawing what seems to be a family of three. There was a mother and a father holding their daughter, her drawing depicted a happy family.

She stared at it and a moment later, tears began to fall down making the some parts of the paper wet. The child was crying.

"Mama, Papa, evwen thow you forgewt to pwick me up sometwimes and you're bwoth vwery busy. Sakura will stwill wait for you because Sakura lwoves mama and papa *sobs*"
(Mama, Papa, even though you forget to pick me up sometimes and you're both very busy. Sakura will still wait for you because Sakura loves mama and papa)

A few minutes later, a car suddenly parked in front of the child. Thinking it was her parents, she ran towards the door. The door was slowly opened and instead of seeing her parents, Sakura saw unfamiliar faces.

"Wu awre you gwuys?"
(Who are you guys?)

"Your mama and papa asked us to pick you up. Look-
The unfamiliar man got a lollipop from his bag and showed it to the child.

"They also wanted me to give this to you"
The child had no idea what was happening but she thought that her parents must have sent someone to pick her up because they were so busy.

"Thwank you, uncwle!"
(Thank you, uncle!)
Sakura happily accepted the lollipop thinking it was from her parents.

"Come inside, we'll take you home"
The child who was still clueless about the dangers of the world went inside the car without any hesitations.

When her mom and dad got to her school, they didn't see their daughter. Immediately, they felt uneasy as if knives were stabbing their hearts.

——

"Uwaaaaah! It hurts!"

"Shut up! You! keep hitting her with that whip. Let's see how her parents would react if they saw their precious daughter being beaten"

"Copy,boss"

In an abandoned factory, sounds of the whip were heard as well as the cries of a 7-year old child.

"Bad uncle! Bad uncle!Uwaaah"

"You're lucky I still have use for you else I would've already killed you because of your parents"

"What hic did they hic do to you *sobs*"

"Because of them my company got bankrupt. They stole everything away from me! You, because you're their daughter seeing you really makes my blood boil. Hit her harder with the whip!"

"Noo- AHHHHHH"

"Call her parents"

The kidnappers called her parents and sent a video to them. The video shows Sakura who was being hit by a whip, she was already covered with blood. The child's cries amd screams can be heard clearly.

After seeing this, Sakura's parents cried. Their blood grew cold. Their precious daughter  was being tortured because of them. The child was innocent but because of them, she was hurt. Their tears won't stop falling.

"Tell us what you want, we will do it. You want money? no problem. Just don't hurt our daughter anymore please"

This is a desperate request not as businessmen but as parents.
————————oOo————————
That was 15 years ago. After that incident, the relationship between Sakura and her parents became better. They would go out on weekends, her parents also go home earlier compared to before. Furthermore, Sakura's parents hired people to teach their daughter martial arts so she could defend herself if ever something bad happens to her.

"Hello? Oh mom and dad! Are you already there in Europe? Good, I'll meet you up there. I'm about to board the plane. Take care of yourselves there since I'm still not there to take care of you both hahaha. See you later ! Love you"

Sakura is entering a competition in Europe. She felt bored on the plane so she went ahead and read a novel her friend recommended to her. Thirty minutes in and she stopped. She read a few chapters and the ending before she stopped.

"This novel sucks"

And those were her final words before the plane she was riding crashed.

The wheels of fate between Sakura and Mira started turning at this point.