13: The dragon awakens

Back at the cave:

"Master, what does the letter say?"

I was still thinking what the letter had meant so I was in deep thought until Colette called me

"Ah wh- pardon?"

"Silly master hihi what are you spacing out for! What did the letter say?"

Should I tell them about the part when that person and I are not from this world? Maybe I would just not include it.

"Do you know the man who was blessed by the demons a few years ago?"

"Of course!"
"Obviously"
"He was very famous even among the other races including the faeries"

So he was really that well-known,huh?

"He was the one who wrote this letter and he said that this black dragon is his contractual beast before but he wants to entrust it to me"

I wonder what the faeries reactions would be. Would they be angry since I just formed a contract with them and now I'm forming another one with someone else? Now, I'm quite nervous.

"Is it okay to you guys for me to form a contract with the black dragon?"

I nervously looked at them and carefully studied their reactions if they would show any signs of dissatisfactions.

"Very okay!"
"Go for it master"
"We support you"

I sighed in relief. Looks like I was being anxious for nothing.

"Is it okay to have this many contractual spirits?"

I looked at them and asked. Normally, wouldn't it only be one or two contractual spirits?

"If it's master then it's okay"

"What does that mean?"

"Silly master, why are you sweating the small stuff. If it's you then it's okay"

"...?"

I don't quite get it but if the faeries say it's okay then it really must be okay.

"Alright, I'm gonna wake him up now"

"Goodluck master"

I looked at them and remembered that they were afraid of dragons when we spoke earlier.

"Are you guys okay? You aren't afraid?"

"A little but it's fine since master is here"

Oh my gosh. I feel like my heart's about to melt. They're so cute aaaaa.

I walked towards the dragon and looked at his face, specifically the red jewel on his forehead. The letter said to just touch it right? Slowly I moved my point finger towards the jewel and when my finger finally went in contact with the jewel, a bright light surrounded the cave.

It was so bright that I had to close my eyes because I couldn't keep them open. Immediately, I felt my body getting hot just like when I was forming a contract with the faeries but this warmth is different. It's so familiar that I felt like I experienced this before.

"Open your eyes"

An unfamiliar voice said to me. It was a deep, mesmerizing voice. I opened my eyes expecting a dragon but was greeted by a man. A man with long, dark hair which had red on the tips of his hair. His eyes were a gorgeous golden color.

No one spoke for a few minutes and I just kept staring at me while he, too, kept looking at me. It remained like that and it seemed like time had frozen until he knelt to the ground (A/N: and pulled out a ring and said jkjk) and got my right hand, he then placed a kiss on the top of my hand.

"I will be in your care, master"

Mira, calm yourself. I know he's hot but remember your morals.

"You're that black dragon?"

"Indeed, master"

"Then I'll also be in your care...uh?"

"Skiadrum"

"Yes, I'll be in your care Skiadrum and my name is Mira"

Oh right! I also need to introduce the faeries.

"Arrosa, Milessent, and Colette, where are you guys?"

I called for them and after a few moments later, they flew towards me.

"By the way, I also have a contract with these faeries. This red fairy is Arrosa, the green one is Milessent but you can call her Mil and lastly, this brown fae is Colette"

"Oh you can see the faeries master? You're really amazing"

"I'm still weak so I have to train harder to be able to protect all of you"

Ah? No reply? I looked at Skiadrum and I saw him making a weird expression. Oh no, did I say something wrong?

He smiled at me

"I will help you master. Hello faeries, I am Skiadrum, nice to meet you"

"Same here!"
"Let's get along"
"Hello Mr. Dragon"

I smiled. Seeing everyone like this makes me feel happy. I looked at the black dragon and saw him staring at me.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Master, kindly close your eyes"

Okay? For what though? While closing my eyes, I felt Skiadrum's lips on my forehead !!

"What jus-"

Before I could continue my sentence. I felt a tremendous force emitting from him. He's angry! But why?

"Those wretched people. First they betrayed my previous master and now they hurt my new master?"

At that moment, Mira didn't know that the dragon read her memories when he saw her bruises which made him very furious.

At that moment, at the kingdom of Ruivell, another earthquake which was stronger than the previous one happened.