12: An earthquake

Back at the academy:

It was evening. Most of the students were asleep already except for a certain man .

The man was sitting on his bed while watching from the window. He appeared to be crying.

"Was it her again? Was she the one who hurt you?"

"Please come back"

He didn't know but the person he desperately wanted to come back was already dead and a new soul inhabited her body. He didn't know but that person wouldn't ever come back anymore.

This man is Cleades, the villainess' brother. He saw how his sister was bullied by the heroine, he saw how their servants at home would not respect her even though she's also a daughter of the duke. He saw how the heroine pushed her off the cliff. He saw everything. But he didn't do anything.

"I'm so sorry..sorry..sorry..."

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you sister"

Everything was normal. Most of the students were asleep until there was an earthquake. A very strong one.

Everybody woke up and were in panic. Some students covered their heads. Some just sat on their beds and shouted. And some went outside their rooms and went to the open space.

Of course the heroine just sat on her bed and shouted.

"Sinon, Euryhus, Cleades, Xavier, help me. I'm gonna die. Help me AHHHHH I'M GONNA DIE"

And of course she knows she's in the girl's dormitory and her four prince charmings are on the boy's dormitory which is on the other side so they couldn't possibly hear her scream.

"AHHHHH HELP MEEEE. I have the blessing from the gods. I am the blessed one"

.....she knows, right?

The earthquake did not only wake the students up but also all the citizens of the kingdom. The citizens were panicking, some houses were already collapsing while some were on the verge of collapsing.

"What's happening?"

"My house!"

At the castle:
The king was standing in front of golden door. He carefully opens it and what greeted him was a huge white dragon.

Before he could ask something, the dragon spoke.

"He's awake"

The king had an idea who he was talking about but he still wanted to hear it from the white dragon just to make sure.

"Skiadrum is awake. The black dragon has finally risen from his slumber"

The king's expression was that of fear.

Many years ago, when he was still the crown prince, his father who was the king at that time wanted the person who was blessed by the demons to die so he could have the black dragon for himself. Because that person was a citizen in this kingdom, the king made him go to war in hopes of killing him.

But he didn't die.

That person was too strong plus he had the assistance of the black dragon. But the king didn't give up. He was too greedy so he sent that person to war again and again and again. And that person would always come back claiming victory.

The reason why this kingdom became this powerful was because of that person. So the people treated him with respect and began praising him. They called him their "hero"

The king was, of course, very furious. So one time when the hero went to war, the king planted evidence in his house to suggest that he was planning to usurp the throne. When the hero returned victoriously from war, the king announced that he was trying to gather political power because he wanted to become king.

The hero denied the accusations but it was no use, the king's words were absolute. The king then asked him to hand over the dragon to him but the hero wouldn't do it. The king was even more furious so he put him in prison and he threatened him that if he planned to escape, he would kill his family.

The hero spent almost a year in prison until he heard the prison guards talking about his family. At that moment he was overflowing with anger. His family had already died the moment he came back from the war.

He called the black dragon and together, they destroyed the castle. The hero went to the king's chambers and beheaded the king. Though the hero was angry, he had only killed the king and there had been no other casualties.

But ever since that day, it's as if the hero and the black dragon disappeared from this worl and no one had seen them.

"He's awake, is the hero with him?"

"No, he has a new master but-"

"But?"

"Having a new master doesn't mean the black dragon already forgave your family for betraying his previous owner.

The king lowered his head.

I guess it's time to pay our debt.