Chapter 25: The Royal Knights Exam (Part 7)

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

Doctors rush down to the field and in Noelle on a stretcher. She's rushed to a medical room. I hurry into her room and see her being laid down on a bed by old man Owen. The rest of the Black Bulls rush in. 

"Don't worry, everyone. She'll be just fine. She's just a little banged up. Nothing I can't fix." He says as he sits down in the chair next to her and uses his recovery magic. 

"Are you sure, Doc?" Vanessa questions. 

"Of course. Surprisingly, her brother Solid got the worst of it," Owen begins, "he only got hit once, but that spell she used was powerful. Noelle only got off with scrapes and bruises. However, Solid has some broken bones."

"Well, that jerk got what he deserved- hurting Noelle like that," adds Finral, "That's no way to treat a cute girl." 

"That's why I'm taking care of Noelle first. He can wait," old man Owen laughs.

I'm honestly so relieved. I knew that Noelle could easily beat him, but I never expected her to do something so drastic. I was worried about her. 

"Thanks, old man Owen," I manage to say, "I'm glad she'll be okay."

The recovery magic around old man Owen dissipates, and he stands up, "don't worry about it, Asta, this is my job after all." Old man Owen stretches and yawns, "I guess I have to go take care of her good-for-nothing brother now." He says as he leaves the room—the other members in the room laugh and chuckle. 

"Well, if the Doc says she'll be okay, I guess we have to trust him," Vanessa says as she grabs onto my shoulder, "I'll make sure everyone leaves so that you two can be alone."

"Thank you," I say. 

"Alright, everyone, let's go and leave these two alone," Vanessa says as she shepherds out the rest of the squad members. 

"Wait," Charmy says as she squeezes through everyone to get to me. She finally makes her way through and stops at my feet. "Cotton creation magic: Sheep Cooks!" Like always, Charmy's sheep prepare a delicious meal before our eyes. When the sheep finish, they hand it to Charmy. "These noms are for Noelle," she says, handing me the dish.

"Thanks, Miss Charmy. I'm sure Noelle will appreciate it."

Charmy stands confidently and salutes.

"Alright, Charmy, let's go," says Vanessa as she ushers her out of the room. 

I place the dish on a nearby table and look at Noelle. She's sleeping soundly. I sit down on the chair next to her bed and grab her hand. Wake up soon, please. I need you to be okay. My grip on her hand tightens. 

"Asta, can you loosen your grip a little?"

I look down and see Noelle's eyes are slightly open. Tears form in my eyes. "Noelle!" I swoop down and hug her, "I'm so glad that you're okay."

"Ow, Asta, that kind of hurts."

"Sorry," I say as I let go of her, "I'm just happy you're alright."

"Yeah, the doctor fixed me up good," she says as she sits up, "my body doesn't even hurt anymore." She drops her body back down on the bed, "I'm still tired, though," she says with a smile on her face. 

"You look happy."

"Well, I was able to beat Solid. Maybe now he won't make fun of you again," her face turns red as she begins to blush, "if he does, then I'll set him straight again for you."

I laugh happily and start to pat Noelle's head. This, in turn, makes her blush even harder than before. So much so that her ears even turn red. 

"That's enough," she says feistily while removing my hand from her head. 

"What? are you embarrassed or something?"

"Behind you," Noelle points. 

I turn around and see Yuno along with Mimosa standing in the doorway. 

"Hey guys, what's up," I question while standing up.

"I'm glad to see that you're doing well, Noelle," Mimosa begins, "congratulations on winning your match against Solid. Your display of power was fantastic."

"Thanks, Mimosa," Noelle says awkwardly, "Was that all?"

"Oh, sorry. I almost forgot! Asta, we have a match coming up."

"Against your brother, right," I question.

"Yes, hopefully, we'll be able to crush him as hard as Noelle did to Solid," Mimosa says with a devious smile on her face. She must really dislike her brother. 

"Alright, well, I'll be going, Noelle," I say as I give her one last hug. 

"Good luck with your match, Asta. You better win."

"Of course I will! We're fighting in the finals," I say while walking through the doorway, "I'll see you after!"

"Definitely!"

I walk off with Mimosa and shortly after realize that Yuno isn't with us. Strange. He must've stayed behind. 

[Chapter 25 end]