Chapter 41: Advice

Check out the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/zZ652QS9

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

The sun rays shine down through my window, indicating to me that it's morning. As I sit up from my bed, I reminisce about what happened yesterday. The thoughts flood my mind, and I find myself embarrassed. Flustered, I fall off my bed, creating a loud thud. I need to get my head out of the gutter. 

I rustle around my room, getting my clothes ready for the day. Today, I'm taking Noelle to Hage. Suddenly, I remember our walk back to the hideout from the lake. I wonder what was wrong? I get changed and head out of my room and towards the dining hall. As I make my way down the hall, I cross paths with Finral.

"Hey, Asta, what's up with you?"

"Hey, Finral! I'm doing good. I'm heading to Hage today with Noelle. Actually, do you think that you'll be able to help me out with something?"

"What do you need, partner?"

"Well, yesterday when Noelle and I were coming back from the lake, we didn't talk at all. Before we left the lake, we kind of," I hesitate, unsure of what to say next, "we uh."

"Woah Woah Woah, Asta! Hold it right there! Don't tell me you did that," Finral takes a step back from me, "you couldn't have, not already!" Dread fills Finral's face. Suddenly he rushes up to me, placing his hands on my shoulder, "how could you leave me behind? I thought we were partners!" Finral says as he shakes me profusely. 

"F-Finral, what are you talking about?"

"You know exactly, what I'm talking about, Asta! Don't lie!"

"I really don't. What's going on?"

Finral calms down and thinks for a moment. "So you actually don't know what I'm talking about?"

"Not one clue."

Finral lets go of my shoulders and take a step back. "So what is it you wanted to tell me then?"

"Well, yesterday in the lake, we kind of did some stuff," I awkwardly squirm at the thoughts of explaining this to him. "And, um, I kind of."

"Asta, wait!" Finral shouts, holding his hand out to stop me from talking, "I know where you're going with this."

"Really! So you know how to help fix my problem!" 

"Of course I do, Asta. I'm a professional when it comes girls," Finral places his arm around me, "trust me, partner."

"Alright, what should I do then!"

"Listen, Asta, I've known you for a while, and you're a great guy. So, just be yourself. I guarantee that no matter what happened between the two of you, you'll be able to work it out."

"You think so, Finral?"

"I know so." Finral smiles and begins to walk towards the dining hall, "let's go grab breakfast before you leave, buddy."

 "Of course!" I say smiling as I run up to Finral. 

[Chapter 41 end]