Chapter 14: Rush

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Noelle POV: 

I unwrap my towel and slowly dip down into the hot bath. I can't believe Asta saw me naked. I wonder what he was thinking. Where did he run off to? So many thoughts rush to me at once. Overwhelmed, I submerge myself underwater in an attempt to clear my head. However, it gets me nowhere. The same thoughts still cross my mind. I slowly rise back up to the surface in defeat—that jerk. I told him he couldn't come in, yet he still barges in my room. There's no way he didn't hear me. Ugh, that was so embarrassing. Him walking in on me plays on a loop through my mind. I feel my chest get tighter, and I start to feel a sensation I've never felt before. It feels like fluttering. I wonder what he thought of me? I let out a sigh; maybe I should stay here for a while and soak. 

After around 20 minutes, I step out of the bath. I reach for my towel and wrap it around my body. Without drying off, I make my way towards my room. As I turn the corner to my room, I see Asta sitting in front of my door. My heart skips a beat, and the fluttering returns once more. What is he still doing here? I thought he left? Whatever, just act normal, Noelle. I can do this. I take a deep breath and make my way to my door. I stand in front of Asta, but he doesn't seem to notice me. He has a smile on his face. Is he thinking about me being naked? Hmph, he must be happy about getting to see me like that. Thinking that he is happy over my embarrassment, I feel myself start to get upset.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Asta. Why are you still here?"

He doesn't respond; instead, he looks away. His lack of a response pushes me off the edge. "If you want something, then wait out here. I'll tell you when you can come in." I scowl at him as I open my door. After walking into my room, I slam the door shut. That jerk! I'm embarrassed about this, and I bet he just enjoyed the show. I take off the towel, hang it up, and walk over to my bed, where I left my change of clothes. I quickly throw them on and lay down on the bed. I wonder what he wants. I close my eyes and cover them with my arm. I guess I should tell him to come in.

"Hey, Asta, you can come in now," I say in a low voice, "the door is open."

The door slowly creaks open, and Asta peeks his head through the doorway. He walks in, closing the door behind him. 

"Hey, um," he pauses and rubs the back of his head like he is unsure of what to do. Then in one swift motion, he gets on his hands and knees, "I'm sorry, Noelle. It was honestly an accident. When I asked to come in, I didn't hear you, so I thought it would be okay if I just went in. If you're mad, I can completely understand, and it was my fault, after all. The reason I waited was so that I could properly apologize. You don't have to accept my apology. I just wanted to get it off my chest. I'll go now."

Asta slowly gets up from off the ground and begins to walk back towards the door.

Out of nowhere, the fluttering begins once more. "Wait," I say gently. Why did I call out to him?

Asta turns back around, "yeah?"

"Come here," I gesture Asta to come closer, and he walks up to me. I sit up from my bed, and without saying a word, I look into his eyes. My heartbeat begins to accelerate. "If you want me to forgive you, then k-k-kiss me." Stumbling over my own words, I close my eyes and wait for it. I start to feel the flutter in my stomach grow as I anticipate what he'll do next. To my surprise, I feel him wrap his arms around me and pull me in close. As he holds me tightly, I feel his lips press against mine. Instantly, the fluttering in my stomach overflows, leaving a tingle throughout my entire body. My chest begins to pound, and I can only think about how soft his lips are. I wrap my arms around him and pull him down onto the bed. 

I manage to whisper his name, and he reacts by tightening his hold around me, crushing me under his chest. As we kiss, my body gets even hotter. What am I doing? Wasn't I supposed to be mad at him? What is this feeling? As I indulge myself in pleasure, my senses begin to go numb. Asta and the tingle throughout my body are the only things left. I put my hands on the back of his head and run my fingers through his hair. I run my hands down to his back and then hug him tight. Unconsciously, I let out a soft moan as if signaling to him and myself that I want more. My legs begin to move on their own. They make their way up to his waist, wrapping themselves around it. However, Asta slowly parts away, and the sound of our heavy breathing fills the room. The way he looks at me only makes me want more. 

"I..." Asta doesn't finish his sentence as he begins to stand up straight. Sweat runs down the side of his face, and his chest beats visibly fast. He clenches his hands into fists. "I don't think my head is in the right space! I'm sorry." Just like that, he rushes out of my room, gently closing the door behind him.

 I put my hand over my heart. It beats incredibly fast. Did that just happen? I lay back down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I put my fingers to my lips and realize I didn't want to stop. I wanted him to hold me more. I wanted him to kiss me more. I wanted him to love me more. Amidst all these feelings, apart of me couldn't help but be confused as to what that situation was. Where did that rush come from?

[Chapter 14 end]