Chapter 11: Star Festival (Part 4)

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

So far, the Star Festival has been great. I've gotten to spend so much time with Noelle, even more so since we were here before the festival started. We've been holding hands for a while now too. However, for the past few hours, something has been on the back of my mind. I know I'm forgetting something significant, but since I'm with Noelle, it's been hard to figure it out. Then out of nowhere, a voice calls out to me, interrupting my thoughts.

"ASTAAAAAAA!"

Oh, crap, the voice sounds familiar. Noelle and I turn around and, in the distance, see a boy in crutches standing next to a girl. I FORGOT ABOUT KIATO AND KAHONO. EVEN AFTER I TOLD FINRAL TO BRING THEM! 

"HEY GUYS," I yell as Noelle and I make our way over to them, "have you been enjoying the festival?" I rub the back of my head awkwardly, knowing I forget about them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Noelle chimes in, as she hugs Kahono.

"I had Finral bring them here," I respond.

"How have you been Asta, you look great!" Kiato says as he goes to give me a fist bump.

Returning the gesture, I respond, "I've been doing well. Oh, that reminds me. Kiato, did you bring your leg?"

"Huh, of course. Why?"

I reach into my back pocket, remembering that I have a vial from the Queen of Witches, which has her healing magic in it. I open the vial, and her magic is released. The Queen's magic is fantastic. It was able to heal my arms, so it could undoubtedly help these two. The blood magic surrounds the two, fully healing their injuries. 

"A-Asta, what is this? My leg is back," Kiato moves his leg around and spins around, "I can dance again! This is amazing!"

"N-Noelle?" Kahono's voice is soft. I can only imagine what it was like to be voiceless for so long. "My voice... it's back." Tears begin to form in her eyes, "I can sing again." Kahono's tears start to flow down her cheeks, and Noelle comforts her.

"I'm so happy for you," Noelle exclaims.

"Asta, how did you do this," Kahono asks as she rushes towards me, "how can I even thank you!" Kahono gives me a hug, "thank you so much, Asta."

In the corner of my eye, I see Noelle get visibly upset, "Haha, no problem, but don't thank me. It was the Queen of Witches magic that healed you." I say as I gently brush Kahono off me. 

"Her magic is amazing," Kiato says while spinning in circles. "Our dream is alive, Kahono!"

"It is," she says while smiling. Then, she starts to sing. Like always, her song draws the attention of everyone nearby, captivating them in her trance. Her song is as beautiful as ever, despite being unable to speak for so long. Kiato starts to dance for the crowd as well, complementing the song of his sister. Together, they're a great duo. I'm sure they'll achieve their dream together. 

When the siblings finish their performance, the crowd goes into a frenzy and starts to cheer hysterically. People begin to make their way up to Kiato and Kahono to praise them for their song and dance. Noelle and I stand there and watch, smiling. After a while, the crowd dissipates, and it is just us four again.

"That was amazing, you two," Noelle says while running up to Kahono and grabbing her hands. "Your voice is beautiful."

"Thank you, Noelle. I've wanted to sing for so long now, and now, it's possible. Now, I can finally get filthy rich!" Kahono says as a big smile appears on her face.