Chapter 13: Pissed

[It appeared as though humanity would be destroyed by demons. But a single mage saved them all. He was called the wizard king, and he became a legend.]

Asta POV:

At the end of the Star Festival, the king revealed that they had found the Eye of the Midnight Sun's base. Along with that, he and the Wizard King will be handpicking elite Magic Knights who wish to join the Royal Knights. This announcement left many excited and eager for the upcoming selection. Later that same night, after returning to the base, Captain Yami told us that we were free to do what we wanted. The choice to join was entirely up to us. Of course, I opted in. The exam is in one week, and up until then, we have time to train. If I can make it into the Royal Knights, then I'll be able to protect our kingdom from the Eye of The Midnight Sun. As well as gather merit and be one step closer to becoming the Wizard King. 

In the common room, most of the Black Bulls are gathered. After a full day at the festival, everyone seems pretty drained. Vanessa passed out drunk on the couch, Magna and Luck aren't chasing each other around, Gordon is in a corner, and Finral is sitting at the table by himself. He looks rather serious. I wonder what's up with him? I look around the room once more to look for Noelle. Where is she? I swear she was just here. I get up from my seat and walk around the base looking for her. After walking around aimlessly, I figure that she must be in her room. I walk through the ever-changing hallways of our base in hopes of finding Noelle's room. Luckily, I find it in no time. 

I knock on her door and wait for a response. After a few seconds, she responds, but I don't quite hear her. I think I'll just let myself in. I open her door, and immediately I'm met with a pillow to the face. It takes me by surprise, knocking me off balance, and I fall backwards on my back onto the floor. 

"What was that for Noelle," I say as I remove the pillow from my face. I get up from the ground to look at Noelle, but instead, I am greeted with another beautiful sight. Noelle has her arms crossed across her chest to hide her exposed top. She then crosses one leg over the other in an attempt to cover her bare legs. However, doing that just makes the sight even more appealing. Her face is completely red, and she doesn't say a word. I look away immediately but can't help but steal glances of her from the corner of my eyes. Shocked at the situation, I can't find the appropriate way to respond. The way she stands there covering herself makes my heart beat faster. Her skin looks soft to the touch, and her body seems more curvy than normal. I want to stare at her, but another part of me is telling myself to run the hell away. However, it looks like Noelle is about to respond. Albeit slowly, her mouth starts to move. I gulp in anticipation of the worst possible outcome. 

"J-J-Just get out of my room before I hit you," she mumbles as she stares at the ground.

"I'M SO SORRY," I plead as I get up and run out of the room, slamming the door behind me. I run down the hall and come to a halt. Am I safe? I look back towards Noelle's door, and it remains closed. It looks like I was forgiven. Suddenly I see her door swing open. Instinctively, I run around a corner and peek my head around to see what she does. She walks out of her room in a towel and walks in the opposite direction of me. That makes sense. She must be going to take a bath. I breathe a sigh of relief. Hopefully, she forgives me. Once I'm sure she's gone, I walk back to her door and stand next to it. I figure I should apologize to her properly again. Plus, I just want to see her again. 

After waiting for around twenty minutes, I lean back against the wall and slide down onto the floor. What's taking her so long? I place my hand on my head and begin to twirl my hair around my fingers. I wonder if she's mad at me. With nothing else to do, my mind wanders back to what I saw in her room. She looked so beautiful. I can't believe I walked in on her when she was naked. The more I think about it; the more my heart starts to race. Holy crap, I am so lucky.

"Wipe that smirk off your face, Asta," Noelle says as she stands before me, "why are you still here?" 

Noelle is wet and still in nothing but a towel. The water from her bath runs down her skin. Her towel is visibly damp, and water droplets trickle from it, making a small puddle on the floor. Unable to collect my words, I look away from her.

"If you want something, then wait out here. I'll tell you when you can come in."  Noelle gives me a cold glare before walking into her room. That was the confirmation I needed to know that she is definitely, without a doubt, pissed. 

[Chapter 13 end]